my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Getting AirBorne/ FM issues

Author Topic: Getting AirBorne/ FM issues
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 06-17-2000 09:28 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't say "us" sailors don't know anything about getting airborne...*smile*. Sometimes I love my job!
http://www.fredsplace.org/photo/pix/00051_s.jpg

Feel free to tell me to stick to the thread...*smile*

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 06-18-2000 11:35 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEHE Too cool, it has been a few years since I have had the chance to be in a flying boat That looks like a real good time, how fast does it go?

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 06-18-2000 06:59 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortuanatley are Life-Boats only go about 20-25kts. These kind of pictures are from relative movement through the sea.

I've been on "pig" ships that go only 12kts that can get almost as much air....*smile* Depends on the weather.

That reminds me. " The Perfect Storm " is comming out in the local theaters. It's a great book...I hope the movie is as good.

I had to go out and look for the Andria Doria after it was reported missing. I had no idea we'd be making history at the time. That was my first "real" storm out of boot camp.

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 06-19-2000 09:46 AM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lionpride, I figured you for someone mid 20's...until I read that you were looking for the Andrea Doria, which went down in 1956... Just out of curiosity, what rank are you?

------------------
Agile - Mobile - Hostile

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.