my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » The Huey

Author Topic: The Huey
Rochmel
unregistered

posted 06-13-2000 03:03 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I the only person in the world who would love to see a sim based on the Huey? and more specifically its various roles in Vietnam? It would, I think add an extra dimension to the gameplay being able to fly slick, dust off and ass and trash missions as well as the more usual fly around and shoot things type. The development in graphics means that decents into thickly wooded Landing Zones should now be achievable. Just think of a game designed by Razorworks (they of Comanche Havoc fame) with the graphics of Gunship! Wow!
Of course my friend says we'll never get one because the Americans lost that war! I trust he's just being cynical!!

IP: Logged
'
Member # 3472

posted 06-13-2000 04:16 PM     Profile for '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've got youself a partner. Give me all choppers from Gunship 2000(the original one)except Apache, and Comanche.

------------------
... --- ... --- ... --- ...

Posts: 445 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tom McClean
Member # 2674

posted 06-13-2000 05:24 PM     Profile for Tom McClean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want a huey sim too!

Good Hunting

------------------
"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't." - ANON -

holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 06-15-2000 05:17 AM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If we do get one I'd like to request that it not rattle my teeth lose when riding in it ... like the real thing does!

Those old work-horses have sure proved themselves but God ... riding the Blackhawk was like a Rolls-Royce after a few Air Assaults in a Huey.

(Former) Sgt. Holbrook

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thinner
unregistered

posted 06-17-2000 09:39 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would love to get into the seat of a Huey, and allthough the ride was a bit bumpy,,there is nothing like the Rack-Rack of a Huey with mucho collective pulled in booming along, doors back and pinned, discernable and distinctive from a long way off! Hey,,how about the rush of clapping along in a CH47, rear ramp down, doing fuel blivet or howitzer equipment transfer,,the wind blasting through the cockpit and cargo hold,,and I suppose if were going retro, gimmie an old G model cobra,,loud, unstable, primitive, and a sight of beauty at the same time! Whooo Hooo !!
IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 06-17-2000 06:08 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a gent who started a Huey simm a while back. Not sure if he finished it, but he offered it on the net. Take a look...I believe it's DownLoadable at :
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/Huey99/

Hope this helps!!

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
2ltviper
Member # 5239

posted 06-22-2000 12:00 PM     Profile for 2ltviper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the game "Super Huey" for the C64 that had some pretty realistic aspects in it. Tou could control the torque and throttle individually, which many times led to overtorquing the helicopter. But it also wnet way to fast for the real thing.

------------------
"Hellfire Away!"

Posts: 73 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
tjmax
Member # 2115

posted 06-23-2000 10:36 PM     Profile for tjmax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My dad flew on the UH-1H Huey. He was the gunner that fired one of the MG's out of the side
Posts: 43 | From: Spanish Fort, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hunter Cole
Member # 3440

posted 06-25-2000 02:37 PM     Profile for Hunter Cole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
God! I sure do remember riding around in those ol birds. I remember flying in one that was tact and taking pics of some LZs for a training op on Kohalawe. It was my first time in a chopper and the crew knew it, so here I am hanging out the side of the plane with a gunner's belt on amd the pilot put her on a steep banking turn and I wasn't ready...I nearly had to write off a Nikkormat camera system as well as pulling my stomach back in..

Of all the birds I was in during my time in the Corps,( I flew in the CH-46,53,Cobra, Broncho, and F-4J) the huey was my favorite.

I wish they would do a Huey sim..but just like the Phantom and Intruder, that will never happen..

Posts: 184 | From: Danville, Va USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.