my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » KA52 vs Gunship

Author Topic: KA52 vs Gunship
ice705
Member # 4800

posted 05-26-2000 09:16 PM     Profile for ice705   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im playing both .At first I was beginning to like KA 52 better but after flying both I would haveto say that microprose did it again.This game is great Gunship that is .KA52 is good until it stops exploding when I press F2 .Yes Gunhip Is a diamond in the ruffand so is KA52 .KA52 hss some really crumby looking Pilots but you dont see them that much .The graphics in both are great.
The models are awesome .Weapons and handling are easier than KA's.The ground model tanks ect.are better in Gunship.Anger at Hasbro shouldnt keep you from buying this game.Someone will fix it .THe same with KA52.

------------------

Posts: 131 | From: waltham,ma usa | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 05-26-2000 09:52 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd been waiting for an updated Gunship for years. While many of the software problems could be fixed with a patch (like the broken waypoint & pilot commands) you can't fix the inflight starts, small maps & no FARPs with a patch. At least Ka-52 TA gives you takeoffs/landings and ARSPs and gets my vote as the best successor to the original Gunship (not to say that EECH isn't great, it's just not team-modelled the way the original Gunship was and Ka-52 is...) But, different people enjoy different games so if you like the new Gunship then by all means fly your socks off...
Tomac

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.