my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Some Help With EECH please...

Author Topic: Some Help With EECH please...
StormRider
unregistered

posted 05-26-2000 11:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Is it possible to zoom in/out the
FLIR and DTV MFDs or does the game select the best magnification.

2. Do you have to manually discharge the Fire Bottles after they are armed.

3. What's the diff between radar and laser hellfires. They both seem to work the same in LOAL and in LOBL.

4. How do you turn off laser.

IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-26-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1.) press + - on keypad, each has different levels of zoom.
i think if u press ALT + ALT - you get the max zoom/min zoom.

2)When you get a fire u have to use Ctrl F , but it only works once.

3) Radar will give your presense away to everyone, while laser only should give it away to the targeted vechicle. Of course they might communicate the fact that they have a laser locked on them. This works as i was using my laser once and as soon as i switched to radar there AA opened up on me.
Laser Hellfires are more eefective against enemy Aircraft as the radar ones can be spoffed by chaff.
Radar missiles will be less effective against moving targets if you perform bobup attacks as the radar image might be out of date. While laser requires a constant lock and if that lock is broken mid flight the missile will go astray.

4.) i would like to know as well

[This message has been edited by Spawnbob (edited 05-26-2000).]

StormRider
unregistered

posted 05-26-2000 05:42 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for your reply.. but

1. the +/- keys (even those on keypad) dont zoom in or out the FLIR/DTV MFDs. they may increase/decrease radar range only. even using Ctrl or Shift or Alt the +/- keys dont zoom the FLIR/DTV..

CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 05-28-2000 06:27 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StormRider:
1. the +/- keys (even those on keypad) dont zoom in or out the FLIR/DTV MFDs. they may increase/decrease radar range only...

Yes it does so since radar is still active!
switch to FLIR/DTV first (Delete/End) and then for convinient viewing F3/F4 depending on what MFD page you brought the mode on. Then the keypad +/- keys work as advertised. In addition use helicopter to turn it around or use Num5 to centre the cmera and Num arrows to move it about indendently from chopper. You are advised to go in a/p or stable hover mode while doing this. Press Num0 to target while brackets displayed around the object found.

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
StormRider
unregistered

posted 05-28-2000 07:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah yes, i had to turn off radar first, now it works BUT only for FLIR. it still doesn't zoom in/out the DTV (?)

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.