my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Newest Patch and online gaming this weekend!

Author Topic: Newest Patch and online gaming this weekend!
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 05-24-2000 08:27 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN! I was seriously looking foward to a weekend of EECH since the wife-unit will be going on a road trip. What's the general consensus....reload the game to the old PATCH? If so....will everyone else be doing this until RW fixes the prob?

*** LIONPRIDE ***

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SimFan
unregistered

posted 05-25-2000 01:31 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to ask, but WHICH version of the CvH PATCH do you refer to ?
Do you mean the new/'US' version 1.4.0.C
of CvH no longer works with full campaign mode in Multiplayer ?
If so, will RW fix it in a new version of the patch (and when?) ?
I did not yet apply the new patch, should I hold off ?
Thanks.

IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 05-25-2000 01:43 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. I've been trying to find people during the week to fly with the new patch, but people kept telling me they had no time...yadda, yadda, yadda. But from what I can tell the newest patch ( yes the one your refering to )is making MultiPlay nonexistent. But like I said...I'm not positive about this, but it COULD be the new Skirmishes in the patch only. I haven't heard ANY good words about the new patch...that's one way I could describe it.

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 05-25-2000 04:40 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LIONPRIDE:
...But from what I can tell the newest patch ( yes the one your refering to )is making MultiPlay nonexistent.

This is bull! Skirmishes are still working in MP and that's what we would be playing this weekend if you still interested in match with =RAF=?

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-25-2000 11:41 AM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flexman said this on www.simhq.com about getting MP camapigns to work

Here's workaround for the screwed multiplayer that may work for you:
1) Run with the command line cvc:0 on both machines.

2) And or try running with command line switch cto:240 also on both machines.

It seems the anti-cheat comms validation is at fault. So the above may help get around it.

Needless to say, a proper fix will be made at a later date.

And this from
http://ch-central.frugalsworld.com/main.htm

FOLKS: There seems to be a problem with the SKIRMISH patch! I am not able to fly multiplay at all, and the emails are pouring in saying the same thing.....so don't download it, and hopefully we will hear something quickly from Razorworks.

[This message has been edited by Spawnbob (edited 05-25-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.