my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH: Enemy AI choppers dont use cannon

Author Topic: EECH: Enemy AI choppers dont use cannon
Baskat
Member # 3600

posted 05-23-2000 05:22 AM     Profile for Baskat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have installed the recent EECH patch, and now enjoy the more agressive enemy AI! But enemy choppers still seem unable to engage with cannon. Whenever I get within min. missile engagement range, the enemy choppers are toast, as they never target me with their cannons...Anyone experiencing the same problem, or am I soing something wrong??

/Baskat

Posts: 9 | From: Denmark | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 05-23-2000 05:47 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even on minimum missile range they will still fire missiles when they can, only once they are Winchester heat will they go cannon.

Cheers,
Scout

[This message has been edited by Scout (edited 05-23-2000).]

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 05-23-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As Scout says, they step down through their weapons. When out of missiles they go to cannon. Same goes for your wingmen.
Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mongoose69
Member # 4696

posted 05-23-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for Mongoose69   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I told my wingmate to go attack an enemy heli and he just sat there. They fire missles when they have stingers, but they won't fire hellfires at enemy flying units, and my wingmate wouldn't close in to use his cannon.

------------------
http://www.wpi.edu/~mongoose/

Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 05-23-2000 01:01 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you ensure you weren't on a return waypoint. Also was a weapons free order given explicitly before the attack?

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.