my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » A/H Flight Question: Altitude Hold

Author Topic: A/H Flight Question: Altitude Hold
TurtleHawk One
Member # 4805

posted 05-22-2000 08:39 AM     Profile for TurtleHawk One   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My copy of EECH, is due to arrive today :-), so i picked up a copy of AH, to get in some stick time.

I was ready to ship both back to the vendor because i couldn't control the Apache, just could not maintain level flight.
I'm glad I checked the forum first!

So here is my question, I don't see the Alt-H, command documented in the manual, nor on the key-card. Does Alt-H allow level flight w/o constant input to maintain altitude? Sort of like in LB2, where once the alt. is set you can accelerate forward and the helo will maintain the set alt.? I sure hope so.
Any other tips would be appreciated. tia

Posts: 9 | From: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
awj112
unregistered

posted 05-22-2000 08:49 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Apache and Havoc do not have altitude hold functions. They aren't sophisticated enough. They do have hover hold and stable hover hold which are activated by {H} and {shift-H} respectively. I have to warn you though, the altitude hold for Comanche Hokum is very unstable. It is prone to oscilation. This is in the pre patched version (I'm in the middle of a campaign and don't want to lose it). I haven't heard if the patch addresses this.
IP: Logged
Bligh
Member # 4577

posted 05-22-2000 01:25 PM     Profile for Bligh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The patched version of EECH does not fix the ocillating altitude hold (unfortunately). I use it ONLY when flying over very flat terrain and water. Otherwise you prone to fly into immovable objects such as hills.
Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.