my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH graphic problems

Author Topic: EECH graphic problems
Mauro
Member # 3805

posted 05-21-2000 11:37 AM     Profile for Mauro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone!!
I'm Mauro, from Rome,Italy, and i'm searching help
My sistem is a p3-500 with guillemot 3d prohpet geforce, running with guillemot drivers. The problems are:
1) I cannot see the electrical pylons, only the cables.....
2) In areas with high-density objects, if i turn on the FLIR there is a sensible drop of frames.
Should i change the drivers with the ones from NVIDIA?
Thanks
PS i agree, this sim is very good, it's a pity, with a little more programming attention could be the REAL NO. 1 in helo-sims

Posts: 8 | From: Rome, Italy | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
scoobe
unregistered

posted 05-21-2000 11:47 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try adding /notnl to the end of the ch command in the icon properties.
IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-21-2000 12:30 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scoobe is right. Also, depending on the exact symptoms, try the -nrt command-line option (that will disable 3D MFD rendering except in full-screen MFD views - made a big difference for me) and try running your desktop in 32-bit color if you are not already doing so.

Regarding drivers, once I selected the resolution under Nvidia 3.68, the Nvidia 5.16 drivers seem to work in EECH quite well, in terms of both performance, stability, and image quality.

Best wishes - it's an incredible sim.

IP: Logged
Mauro
Member # 3805

posted 05-22-2000 05:34 AM     Profile for Mauro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, boys!!!
Now is much better. It's a pity excluding the t&l option, i hope a future patch can fix this problem.
There is a way to improve frame rate with FLIR on?
thanks again

Mauro

Halo
Member # 4676

posted 05-22-2000 06:53 AM     Profile for Halo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read a message stating that the older drivers (3.68 or something like that) will improve fps while using the FLIR. Haven't checked it out myself yet, but I will tonight. Fps really drops a lot with my GeForce as soon as I use the FLIR or DTV.
It's getting a bit irritating though: this game runs better with that driver, that game with those, and so on. Not RW's fault! nVidia is to blame. On their site they still have the old 3.68 drivers! It's time they get their act together. Releasing a new card (GeForce 2) before the old one works properly... TnL still isn't implemented the way it should be! I don't like that at all. Smells like making quick and easy bucks and ripping of customers. This card is my first nVidia card. If they go on like this I'll go back to good old 3Dfx...

Fox
Member # 1742

posted 05-22-2000 07:14 AM     Profile for Fox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Halo....

You are absolutely right in my opinion!

I have a GeForce 256 with SGRAM;It's an ASUS v6600. I also own a PIII500 with 384Mb RAM and SBLIVE card and even with all the various command line switches etc cannot get a decent implentation of t&l in anything other that 3DMARK.

I have tried all the drivers known to man including the newest; v5.22 and even ASUS own ones. Still no dice.

I have tried FSAA with the new drivers and YES they work but it's buggy. The standard BIT cockpits in Flight Unlimited III disolve. Yes, disolve. It's weird. Yes, I know they are BETA but as you rightly said...why not sort the first card out before they release the second!

Oh well I suppose I will just have to try the new V5 5500 when it appears. Terrible eh!

Seriously though, how long have we NVIDIA / GeForce owners been waiting for T&L now. A year or more? Still no good. In 3DMARK it works, so why not in DX7.0a? Perhaps that's it....blame Microsoft...poor Bill!

Cheers all and here's to superb sim from RazorWorks...love it!!

Fox

Posts: 20 | From: Drakes Broughton | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Humpty
Member # 4737

posted 05-22-2000 07:49 AM     Profile for Humpty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AFAIK, of the three major 3D APIs, only one ( OpengL ) currently supports T&L. If you are playing an OpenGL game ( ie Quake or a Quake engine game ) you are laughing. Games based on other APIs ( Glide and DirectX ) will have to code any T&L support themselves. This is not easy, so how about going easy on Razorworks. At least they tried. No other coding house I have heard of has even attempted to do their own implementation. So perhaps it isn't great yet - just switch it off and you are no worse off than you would be with any other game.
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 05-22-2000 02:31 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Humpty,

again, RW doesn't use an own implementation of T&L support in CH, they rely on the support in DirectX7. And DX7 does support hardware T&L, it's just that Nvidia is unable to deliver working drivers.

Mauro
Member # 3805

posted 05-23-2000 04:26 AM     Profile for Mauro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Halo,
did you try the 3.68 drivers from Nvidia?
Let me know your opinion!!!
Mauro

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.