my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Would someone post an (integrated) Apache pit shot from EECH...

Author Topic: Would someone post an (integrated) Apache pit shot from EECH...
Jake Strafer
Member # 600

posted 05-19-2000 06:13 AM     Profile for Jake Strafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see what the cockpit looks like of the Apache once integrated with EECH, so as to determine whether I should buy Apache/Havoc. Thanks.
Posts: 239 | From: Burlington, NC, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
KDC
Member # 3407

posted 05-19-2000 07:58 AM     Profile for KDC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'll have to wait for someone else to post a picture, but I can tell you that the cockpit (esp at higher resolutions) looks good - not as great as the commanche, but very good nonetheless. You should get Apach Havoc though because you can get it very cheap (under $15.00)and you get the three additional campaigns.
Posts: 57 | From: Princeton,NJ | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 05-19-2000 08:24 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You want to know what an Apache cockpit looks like in EECH?
Right, I don't post a pic here either but I try to explain to you how it looks like. Get yourself a print of a Apache cockpit screenshot, make a water-proof print. Fill your bath with water, get in and take the print with ye, dive, hold the print on arm's lenght away from you, open you eyes and focus on it! - and here we go, now you know what the Apache cockpit looks like in EECH!
But you should get the game anyway!!! It adds all the great campaigns to EECH!!!

Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 05-19-2000 08:34 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL - I wish I'd written that in my review
Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bud
Member # 2194

posted 05-19-2000 10:44 AM     Profile for Bud   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just how big is your bathtub???
Posts: 56 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
Member # 299

posted 05-19-2000 10:49 AM     Profile for Weasel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, the pit looks great in 600x800, but when you go above that it is streached to the new size and "blurred". I always use 6x8 when in Apache though.
Posts: 531 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-19-2000 12:26 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The cockpits arent as good as CH but when you consirder that AH is on budget and you get 3 more camapigns, Cuba, Thailland and Capsian sea it's well worth it. ( Also Cuba is a really good camapign from the Us side, very hard as you only have a handful of carriers and a small beachhead in cuba )
It also gives you more choose if you can fly the Commanche/Apache or Hokum/Havoc missions

Jake Strafer
Member # 600

posted 05-19-2000 07:58 PM     Profile for Jake Strafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! those look great. I was expecting excrement from what others were saying. Was that 8x6 res? Thanks.
Posts: 239 | From: Burlington, NC, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-19-2000 08:07 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No they are 640x480 running on a prehistoric Voodoo 1 ( the First generation ).
I suppose it coz the Hokum/Commanche Hokum are so sleak and sexy that anything looks poorer in comparsion.

Osprey_91st
Member # 4776

posted 05-19-2000 08:42 PM     Profile for Osprey_91st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
basically the point of this thread was to show the A/H cockpits at a higher rez than the default 640x480.
Anyone care to try 800x600 or higher?

Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-19-2000 10:54 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well the point of this thread was to show the Apache / Havoc cockpits in commanche hokum
Loon
unregistered

posted 05-20-2000 06:10 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
None of the cockpit warning lights work in the Apache or Havoc when I run in higher resolutions. Not sure if I have installed it wrong, but I can live without them.
IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 05-20-2000 06:11 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Bud, actually, I don't have a bath at the moment, just a shower. But I could do what I described easily in the bath of my friends or so!
LOL
And yes, since I play EECH in higher resolutions then 800x600, the A/H cockpits look exactly the way what you'd see if do what I described above!

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 05-20-2000 07:51 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are some screenshots of the Apache and Havoc cockpits in CH at 1024x768: http://1st-blaze.euhost.com/files/cohokum/pics/Image000.jpg http://1st-blaze.euhost.com/files/cohokum/pics/Image001.jpg http://1st-blaze.euhost.com/files/cohokum/pics/Image009.jpg http://1st-blaze.euhost.com/files/cohokum/pics/Image010.jpg

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 05-20-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.