my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » should i buy

Author Topic: should i buy
Hollywood
Member # 4301

posted 05-18-2000 07:31 PM     Profile for Hollywood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey everyone,
this is my first time posting on the helo forum but i just wanted to know some things about EECH. mainly how good are the avionics. on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being real good) how good are they in terms of being realistic. thanks in advance for any feedback

------------------
Falcon Rulz

"Hollywood Out"

Posts: 441 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Falcon554
Member # 4286

posted 05-18-2000 07:43 PM     Profile for Falcon554   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lets see

avioncs 8
graphics 9
flight modle ? seems good
fun 10

This is a great sim. Lots of fun and it looks great to.

Scott

sorry about the spelling

Posts: 7 | From: Bakersfield CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-18-2000 08:06 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hollywood i see u a lot on the Falcon4 forum, if u like Falcon4 then CH is for u( im also a Falcon junkie).
Features Dynamic Camapign , Very stable bug free.
Great Atmosphere, clean and powerfull interface, great (fantastic) attention to detail.
You take an active part in the ongoing war, do u decide to help take out that airfield so your own forces can use it later etc.
Intergration with Apache Havoc ( which is on budget) means you get 4 different helicopters, 6 campaigns, each campaign can be flown from either side.
Carrier take off which full flight decks, also airfields with tons of helicopters, jets on the ground, taking off ready to strafe .
Attention to detail again,
Dynamic weather system which moves thru map, includes rain ( your helicopter has windscreen wipers, or an air jet for the commanche , thats flash ) , snow, thunderstorms, wind. Sunsets that have to be seen.
the best view system ever, easy to find each unit, by type, local, side etc. Watch C17 do supply drops which are important for bases, watch Blackhawks insert troops to take over bases, tanks battle it out, the list goes on.
I guess this means u should get it.

ral
Member # 2748

posted 05-18-2000 08:36 PM     Profile for ral   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hollywood:

Used to play mostly F2 until I ordered a copy of F4 (kind of late in March 2000). Love playing within a campaign, and fly F4 for the most part now.

Never bought a helo sim myslef. But just last week I picked up a copy of EECH. Have not had much stick time in it yet (been busy trying F4 with RP2)...but it seems pretty much like a helo version of F4.

Would recommend that you buy it.

Posts: 868 | From: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Timmer
Member # 4250

posted 05-18-2000 08:50 PM     Profile for Timmer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm also a F4 phreak but I've become totally sold on this sim since I've been getting into it. I used to fly LongbowII but this is way better in just about every department.

There's a hell of alot of immersion, the graphics are killer and it's COMPLETE (ie, no real bugs)! What a concept.

Do not hesitate to buy this sim. It's destined to become a classic once it gets here in volume.

Regards,
Tim

Posts: 14 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wulfrick
Member # 4764

posted 05-18-2000 09:06 PM     Profile for Wulfrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EECH converted me from fast jets to choppers! I's rate it as:

Avionics modelling: 9.5
Graphics: 9
Sound: 9
Realism: 9-->10
Fun: 1000000 at least!
Stability: 8, even on my horrible K6-2 system. 10 on every other system ibn the entire universe.

I would not hesitate in recommending EECH to anyone. You could check out Team Alligator as well, but it's not as good. Forget Gunship- it's a pointless arcade game.

Cheers, Wulfrick.

------------------
Make sure the enemy is willing to die for his country. Then you both have the same aim in mind!

Posts: 399 | From: York, England | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-19-2000 01:04 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should buy! I foresee becoming an exclusive helo-head myself, possibly.

The comparisons to F4 are somewhat misleading (except in the sense that they are both excellent flightsims featuring a dynamic campaign) in that EECH is not as detail-oriented in terms of avionics and whatnot. However, the game strikes such a perfect balance of abstraction and realism, from graphics and avionics to weapons performance and campaign dynamics, that the subjective realism is enhanced...and the fun factor is off the scale. It is a truly great game, and almost completely bug-free and stable.

I generally don't get into campaigns (even F4s'). The lack of a decent campaign in F2 didn't bother me. However, I find myself flying campaign exclusively in EECH...a mini-war, a random mission generator, an opportunity to see all sorts of weird stuff - it's a fantastic campaign engine. The only problem is that too many medals are awarded. Typical debriefing: "Although the mission was a success, your reputation will be tarnished by that unfortunate friendly fire incident. We are delighted to present you with the Order of Lenin."

IP: Logged
Hollywood
Member # 4301

posted 05-19-2000 02:21 PM     Profile for Hollywood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow looks like im going to buy this game. are you guys serious is there really dynamic weather and snow/rain??? thats what ive been wanting in a hardcore sim for so long now its here!!!! i got to go order this game now thanks for all the advice

"hollywood out"

Posts: 441 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.