my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Can't change resolution in EECH Demo!

Author Topic: Can't change resolution in EECH Demo!
fsteglin
Member # 698

posted 05-18-2000 02:55 PM     Profile for fsteglin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a Celeron 466mhz, a Tnt2 and 128 megs of ram and whenever I change the resolution either in game or in the options it kicks me out to the desktop. I tried changing my desktop resolution and colour depth but that didn't change anything. I am using Windows 98 with the 5.13 reference drivers. If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Cobrathebest
Member # 4622

posted 05-18-2000 03:18 PM     Profile for Cobrathebest   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Buy the full game!
Posts: 17 | From: Holland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Osprey_91st
Member # 4776

posted 05-18-2000 03:56 PM     Profile for Osprey_91st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Change your drivers, and you will be able to change your rez.
I had the same problem.
Use any of the dets that are in the 3xx flavour.

fsteglin
Member # 698

posted 05-18-2000 03:56 PM     Profile for fsteglin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded the demo to see how the game was so that I didn't end up buying a game that wouldn't run or is not all that good. Plus I'm not going to spend 70 some odd dollars Canadian on this game without playing it. So can someone please help me!
Mojo 16 163
Member # 2343

posted 05-19-2000 07:36 AM     Profile for Mojo 16 163   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Osprey is right.

It's a known problem with the nVidia beta drivers (5.13,5.14.5.16). Just go back to 3.68 for a minute, pick the resolution you want (make sure it's the one you want), then switch to the newer driver and leave the resolution where it is. For my money, 5.16 works best.

Mojo 16 163

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.