my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Flight Model in Comanche/Hokum

Author Topic: Flight Model in Comanche/Hokum
ms_pookie
Member # 4763

posted 05-17-2000 06:56 PM     Profile for ms_pookie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What realism metrics will be available for the Comanche flight model in the retail version?

I have watched several documentaries on The Learning Channel, The Discovery Channel, etc. which all highlight the acrobatic capabilities of the Comanche thanks to the flight computers, airframe design, etc.

I would think that much of the flight envelope will still be classified, but to what degree will the sim attempt to model the realism details in the flight model?

Thanks,
Jerry

Posts: 251 | From: Charlotte, NC, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 05-18-2000 06:19 AM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw the same show you did... in it the
test pilot did a corkscrew type roll, so
being the adventurous type that I am, I
tried the same thing, with no problem... I
then tried it in the Hokum, err, let's just
say that I'm glad it has ejection seats..
So I would say that it is pretty true to
form regarding this.....

Cheers
Mike
Cleveland Ohio USA

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Laphter
Member # 2013

posted 05-18-2000 07:17 AM     Profile for Laphter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I saw the same show (I'm not sure which channel) and it shows what an amazing machine the Commanche is.

I've been "flying" the Comanche in EECH for a while now and would have to say that they did manage to model some of the attributes but did not include all, such as high speed side slip.

Overall this is a great sim!

Posts: 208 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-18-2000 10:21 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, the high-speed sideslip was one thing I was looking forward to. Hopefully, Zero G will be able to get the EECH FMs into shape regarding the unique flight performance of the included helos.
IP: Logged
ms_pookie
Member # 4763

posted 05-20-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for ms_pookie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been playing with the command-line switches as per flexman's strategy guide, but no dice. It seems there is no high-speed side slip in CH. Please, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 05-20-2000 07:31 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It can not be done using command line options. I am working in the FM file to get it working. If you care to play just look for .dyn files and open in notepad...

Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ms_pookie
Member # 4763

posted 05-21-2000 12:45 AM     Profile for ms_pookie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, Zero! I'll look for those files.
kevlar
Member # 1802

posted 05-21-2000 02:55 PM     Profile for kevlar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
zero is there any way to adjust the collective sensitivity in the .dyn file?mine is too sensitive and i have a relative easy flight model.[f22 tqs and elite pedals]i have played around with dead zoneswith bob church's utility but no luck.
Posts: 61 | From: penticton- bc canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 05-22-2000 06:08 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How come the default .dyn files have the same coefficients in for both the apache and the commanche. If the .dyn files contain multipliers or coefficients (i.e. scaling factors) for game parameters, then fine. But if the files contain the coefficients themselves something feels wrong, e.g. the length of the tail boom in both the apache and commanche files is 10.6 something. That looks odd to me
Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.