my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Looking for Longbow II

Author Topic: Looking for Longbow II
Roho
Member # 4758

posted 05-17-2000 03:28 PM     Profile for Roho     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Our company, Link Simulation and Training, is building a reconfigurable, networked simulator for the army called the Aviation Combined Arms Tactical Trainer (AVCATT-A). The trainer will consist of two semi truck trailers, each with 3 two-seat cockpits. Each cockpit can be independantly configured as an AH-64A, AH-64D, UH-60A/L, OH-58D(I), or a CH-47D by swapping out the consoles and instrument panels.

Our software lead would like to purchase about 15 copies of Jane's Longbow II as an additional resource we can use to actually see some of the avionics in action. Does anyone know where we can get them aside from auctions? I've tried EA, ebworld, gamespot, and a few others.

Thanks,

Roho Bill

Posts: 1 | From: Arlington, TX, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bligh
Member # 4577

posted 05-17-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for Bligh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bill:

Have you tried going direct to Janes or EA? I would imagine that there are still some copies lying around. In addition, you might be able to strike an agreement with them to make your own copies for some sort of consideration (monetary, marketing, etc.). It would be worth a phone call or two.

Phil Stevens
Nortel Networks
Richardson, TX

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 05-17-2000 06:31 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.dragon.ca/games/simulation/longbow2.htm

Try there maybe...

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
AJWO2
Member # 4757

posted 05-17-2000 07:48 PM     Profile for AJWO2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you tried any of the comp. chains eg. Best Buy or Comp Usa? I been in these stores the last couple of months, and I really don't recall seeing L2. They used to package Longbow with Longbow 2 (L1 with 3dfx support and L2 with D3D support) Anyways try these stores and ask the Associates there. Somebody should Know
Posts: 4 | From: Santa Fe,NM USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.