my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Coast Guard and our latest WEAPON

Author Topic: Coast Guard and our latest WEAPON
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 05-16-2000 05:42 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since ComabatSim and SimHQ are a little slow these days with "news" releases...I thought I'd add an interesting article for you gents who might be interested in "OUR" latest efforts to snub-out drug smuggling. This one makes me proud to be in the Coast Guard.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/cb/May2000/Nowhere2Run.html

ENJOY!

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 05-16-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
* Reply to self *
http://www.michaelholigan.com/Team25/News/CoastGuard2000.asp

Not HELO-Related, but some good info for the "good ole' boys" who watch NASCAR. Check it out...*smile*

------------------

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
sKiGhDoC
Member # 4533

posted 05-17-2000 08:13 AM     Profile for sKiGhDoC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VERY cool!
of course the ARMY has been arming their helicopters for quite some time ;-)

hey Lionpride, where are you stationed?

Posts: 48 | From: Ft Hood, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 05-17-2000 11:00 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to be on Govenors Island, NY before they shut it down. Now I'm on the beautiful island of Staten Island, NY. Leaving next summer for someplace WARM!!!!

------------------

sKiGhDoC
Member # 4533

posted 05-17-2000 09:34 PM     Profile for sKiGhDoC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aha, the reason i asked is that i'll be moving to Galveston this summer and flying with the boys at the Coast Guard Air Station in Houston to keep up my hours...maybe i'll see ya there, its DEFINITELY warm there!

Posts: 48 | From: Ft Hood, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Claw
Member # 2576

posted 05-18-2000 03:00 PM     Profile for Dr. Claw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long as the demand for drugs is there, no amount of force will ever stop it. Education should come first. And there's ALWAYS going to be people who will find a way to get it, even if they have to make it themselves. Take away the demand and there won't be any need for supply. I guess the bottom line is, why do people do drugs in the first place? Escapism from the world? Peer pressure to feel accepted in a group who also does drugs? Get to the underlying cause first.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.