my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Battle of HOTAS (need advice)

Author Topic: Battle of HOTAS (need advice)
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 05-15-2000 07:27 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im debating on whether or not to buy another replacement Suncom SFS throttle to once again accomapny my F15e talon or to purchase a new CH hotas setup instead, specifically the f16 fighterstick and pro throttle combo.
I was going to simply purchase another sfs throttle to hold off until some new gear came out, but apparently what's out is whats going to stay available until atleast December of this year.

I havent used the new CH gear and would like some comments on it compared to the suncom stuff I currently have.

In your opinion whats the best way to go? What do you prefer? Good/bad experiences or what?

Thanks

Stinger66
Member # 4655

posted 05-16-2000 07:25 AM     Profile for Stinger66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well,I think I would go with the Saitek X-36 and it comes with the Saitek X-35.The X-36 is the flight stick and it has 42 programmablle buttons.(no seriously)It has something called a pinkie switch at the bottom that lets you assign 2 different functions for each key.In lamans terms:You program all the buttons with your main flight controls.then theres a second set of contols you can program for the same buttons but they only work if you press the pinkie switch.BTW there is a trigger,3 fire buttons,and 2 8 way hats.The X-35 is a throttle.it also has the the pinkie switch type of thing except it is called a mode switch and instead of letting you program two key functions it lets you program three.It has 1 fire buttons,a 4 way hat,2 rotary controls,auxiallary switch,the mode switch,2 three position switches.Also it has a rubber nipple (much like the ones on a laptop pc for mouse control)you can run a cord from this to your mouse outlet in the pc and use the nipple as your mouse.Or if you don't want the mouse you can use it as a 4 way hat.Also theres a rudder contol under the throttle handle that fits comfortly under the 1st and 3rd finger.Also the stick has trimmer buttons for the x and y axis.Both the X-36 and X-35 are fully programmable.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.