my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH campaign questions.

Author Topic: EECH campaign questions.
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-15-2000 05:30 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't delved into the campaigns in much depth yet, but I am planning to. At the moment I have a Yemen campaign that's been running for an hour or so. I have a couple questions:

1. How long does an average campaign last, if there is such a thing?

2. Do they follow a real-time day-night cycle?

3. Does the weather you select at the beginning persist for the duration of the campaign, or does it change as time goes by?

4. It seems like it's possible to switch sides mid-campaign, as you are presented with the gunship selection screen after opening a saved campaign. Not a big deal, but this seems odd...?

Thanks for any input - I suppose I'll find out the answers myself one way or another, but it would be nice to know what to anticipate or be wary of.

IP: Logged
Sean Tudor
Member # 563

posted 05-15-2000 07:13 PM     Profile for Sean Tudor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> 1. How long does an average campaign last, if there is such a thing?

I am currently playing the Lebanon campaign and am on the 2nd day. At the moment both sides (I am playing on US side) have suffered horific casualties.

On the East front I managed to capture the Damascus International airport but I am having a tough time cracking downtown Damascus. The enemy has a major staging area in central Syria that is well supplied.

On the West front my main push along the coast towards Beirut has bogged down since my supply lines are way over-stretched. I do have a naval assault force waiting west of Beirut but they have been suffering harrasing attacks from Beirut airport. Gains here are minimal.

My central push has suffered severe setbacks since the enemy sent a massed force of Hips and Havocs and captured a crucial FARP in this area.

At this time I can see the campaign continuing into the third day if I cannot capture Damascus.

VERY exciting stuff.

> 2. Do they follow a real-time day-night cycle?

Yes.

> 3. Does the weather you select at the beginning persist for the duration of the campaign, or does it change as time goes by?

If I select variable weather it will change from sunny clear days/nights to full thunderstorms. Some players have reported snow storms when flying at altitude amongst the mountains.

> 4. It seems like it's possible to switch sides mid-campaign, as you are presented with the gunship selection screen after opening a saved campaign. Not a big deal, but this seems odd...?

I haven't checked this yet.

Posts: 123 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-15-2000 08:42 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks! I restarted my campaign with variable weather - I hope to see a thunderstorm at some point. What a great sim!
IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 05-16-2000 04:04 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes you can switch sides (the Gunship selection screen just picks sides).

And as said above by Sean, variable weather is what you want. Also the weather fronts "move" around the map.

Snow can be found in the Causican mountains, above the snow line and in bad weather.Very pretty but a bit bouncy if the wind is high.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.