my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » in CH ka52 flight model is wrong !!!

Author Topic: in CH ka52 flight model is wrong !!!
MACTEP
Member # 832

posted 05-15-2000 12:21 AM     Profile for MACTEP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why ka52 flyies just a regular mi28?
I think team alligator gives you better simulation of how it handles.

Posts: 181 | From: East Side | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 05-15-2000 07:03 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could you please go into some detail?
MACTEP
Member # 832

posted 05-15-2000 05:38 PM     Profile for MACTEP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, ruders don't work in CH for ka52 as it's in team alligator.
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 05-15-2000 05:58 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The pedal control and the sideways flight speed are known issues in C-H. I have been working on a fix but I have yet to get it working right.

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-15-2000 06:09 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's good to hear, Zero G! How confident are you of getting it into shape, given time to work on it?
IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 05-15-2000 06:23 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am pretty sure it can be done, the question is am I smart enough to pull it off

To be honest RL stuff took over for a few weeks but now that I got the new job etc.. I am back to work on it. I will post some info in the next week as to how things are going.

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MACTEP
Member # 832

posted 05-15-2000 10:59 PM     Profile for MACTEP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why it's broke in first place? what the hell they were doing at razorworks?
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 05-16-2000 04:45 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MACTEP, what exavtly you don't like about rudder in C-H in comparison to TA?
Don't forget that in C-H there are 4 helicopter FMs and 3 of them are tail rotor - this actually modelled rather good as with high speeds yaw turn is made harder by aerodynamic resistance of fuselage and tail rotor being pushed back in place by the air flow. The same concern but to the less extent goes for Ka-52 - if you noticed fuselage has quite considerable surfaces of stabilizers in the tail section. Surely, the Kamov designers claim and tests showing it, that Alligator could perform full pedal turns within whole range of speed, but fuselage dynamics could play a good part. Mind you in C-H you can turn, by applying harder and longer rudder input anyway. Besides Zero G is working on some improvements on it. In TA the FM is bogus to start with, so comparing to it doesn't do justice IMO. In real life - Kamov design was criticized for possibility of two main rotor blades crossing eachother with catastrofic consequences when full pedal turn is performed at high speeds, which was apparent issue in Ka-50. It's unconfirmed how this was addressed in Ka-52.

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.