my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Glad I waitted...

Author Topic: Glad I waitted...
Osprey1
Member # 4629

posted 05-14-2000 04:25 PM     Profile for Osprey1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will probably get C/H sometime in the future. But for now, after playing the demo Iam not in such a rush.
To tell the truth the demo has left me a little flat. I really dont see that much difference between it and A/H. More than once I gave the "attack my target" command only to see the whole flight pull up and stop. Thanks guys, you left me with my butt on the line, dodging sams.
Its basically A/H with a little spit&polish.
It runs fairly choppy(pardon the pun) on my system.(p2-450 128mram TNT2-Ultra 170/200 3.84 drivers, win 98 SE, dx-7A)
Iam willing to believe that the demo is lacking stuff that the full retail has.
But other than the views, it feels the same.
Is it just the demo or dont the flights,base, etc have voice comms?
pretty quiet on the Western Front. Not much chatter.
Hover-hold produces a nose down effect. And more than once it let me fall to earth.
Can't manipulate waypoints. Is this feature in the full retail?
Dont get me wrong I think A/H is a fine helo-sim in its own right. Its just that C/H(demo)isn't that much different.
Sure glad I didnt order from the UK. Saved myself some bucks.
I'll wait a bit and see how the patch addresses some issues.......
Until then I'll bang away with A/H

[This message has been edited by Osprey1 (edited 05-14-2000).]

Weasel
Member # 299

posted 05-14-2000 04:44 PM     Profile for Weasel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything you mentioned above are corrected in retail, and the patch will make things better.

So, what I understand that you dont like about the demo does not give justice to the real sim.

Posts: 531 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scoobe
unregistered

posted 05-14-2000 06:28 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont have the demo, However I do have the full version which I ordered from the UK. I dont think CH is much like AH at all. There are some graphic simularities but the game itself plays much different. There is more than just a little spit and polish from AH. Demos almost never give an accurate impression on a game. There have been many games I past over because of a demo only to find out later the retail version was so much better. I stopped downloading them because of this. However, I can understand why you would want to wait until its offically out here in the US. It is expensive to order from overseas. I sometimes wish I was more patient, but in this case, Im glad I did get it.

Scoobe

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.