my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Tank Platoon Cancelled

Author Topic: Tank Platoon Cancelled
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 05-14-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Dogfighter.com

Tank Platoon! Cancelled

Jayson Hill, Manager of Public Relations at Hasbro Interactive, confirmed yesterday that Microproses' armored combat sim Tank Platoon! will not be released. When asked why the title will not be published, he cited poor sales of Gunship! as a major factor in Hasbro Interactive's decision.
When asked to comment on the future availability of a patch for Gunship!, he indicated that it was still a possibility.

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 05-14-2000 10:04 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard they prioritized their new scrabble game!!!! When you see the name Hasbro on a game in the store, it's good advice to just back off. I won't be surprised if they dump B17II also. Why? It's likely to be to complicated for their simple minds!!! They're already demonstrating that the only thing they're good at is wrecking a brilliant gaming company which used to be referred to as MicroProse!!! Why the heck did they buy the company if they didn't plan on getting into the sim market?

------------------
The only thing FREE in this world is "LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS" at dialpad.com HEHEHEHE

Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-14-2000 10:22 AM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking at Gunship they were most probaly going to **** up M1 Tank , which i have loved in 1 and 2 so most probaly they showed mercy. I hope this doesnt affect B17 which seems to be less controlled by Hasbro so less chance for them to mess with it.
U heard of King midas which everything he touch turned to Gold well Hasbro are King AnalExplusion which everything they touch turns to crap.

RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 05-14-2000 10:35 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... lets think about the ppl that bought Gunship! just for the fact that they want the connectivity with M1TP3. They're screwed. Oh well. There goes the electronic battlefield.
Lets all hope for WWII online. Seems like this (online only) sim will pull it all together.
RR

------------------
Visit RainGaming. Stop by and populate the Forums :)
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Catgh
Member # 2286

posted 05-15-2000 09:36 AM     Profile for Catgh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess Steel Beasts (www.shrapnelgames.com) is going to have to fill the void that Hasbro has left.
Posts: 19 | From: Durango | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Todd
unregistered

posted 05-15-2000 02:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After the Gunship fiasco its not surprising that TP was canned. I don't know what the people who were responsible for releasing Gunship in its current state was smoking, but how can they be surprised that it never sold well? It was a broken product-period. The least they can do is patch it up. Who knows, if they fix it and let people hack the code it may become something like SDOE or WWII Fighters. These were 2 sims that were not well received when released, but have been given a second lease on life.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.