my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Whats the best Driver for geforce and CH?

Author Topic: Whats the best Driver for geforce and CH?
-OSSI-
Member # 4613

posted 05-12-2000 08:29 AM     Profile for -OSSI-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Plaece need hlp!

OSSI

Posts: 43 | From: Mörfelden,Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scylla
Member # 4197

posted 05-12-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for Scylla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried them all, and the best for me are definitely the official NVidia reference drivers (3.68)

5.16 made everything really dark, while the other beta drivers gave poor performance, graphical artefacts or just wouldn't run at all.

However, other users seem to have found real success with the betas, particularly 5.16 - it depends on your particular system.

FYI, I run a PIII 550E 192MB RAM GeForce 256 and the game runs beautifully at 1024 with all details at max, 32bit graphics and I DON'T use the /notnl switch. the graphics are gorgeous. I had real stuttering problems until I added another 64MB RAM, (taking it to 192.)Also, run the demo for a few minuted before each time you play. It seems ot help a lot.

Posts: 9 | From: NEwcastle, England | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
JFA
unregistered

posted 05-12-2000 06:32 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
5.16 seems to work very well - fluid and no stability problems. It seems to run EECH better with a 32-bit desktop color depth.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.