my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » developers should get this clue...

Author Topic: developers should get this clue...
luv2sim
Member # 2144

posted 05-12-2000 07:24 AM     Profile for luv2sim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it is clear that, based on the apparent greatness of C-H (and hopefully soon Flanker 2.5), the way for developers to go is to start with GOOD base and build on it. It seems intuitive that, once you have a good graphics engine and so forth, it is much easier and less costly to simply add new aircraft and new maps to this existing framework, while retaining the ability to use the original aircraft in the new sim. It seems to have worked great in C-H. Keeping the same engine also allows minor bugs in the original to be worked out.

Imagine Jane's F/A 18 if you could also fly the F-15E from land bases in that sim?

I think the Razorworks approach is the best of both worlds for everyone. We get to enjoy an awesome sim with more and more aircraft, and the developers get more money because the sim is easier to make.

Great job Razorworks and SSI!!!

l2s

Posts: 77 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.