my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Ready to start a Campaign, Which One?

Author Topic: Ready to start a Campaign, Which One?
Scoobe
unregistered

posted 05-10-2000 10:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ive been flying around on free flight for a bout a week now. basically shooting anything that moves including my wingman just to lean the weapons, navigation etc.. I now feel like Im ready to delve into a campain. I have AH installed also. Whick of the 6 is best to start with or does it not really matter. Also just for my own curiosity, which helo do most of you fly hokum or camanche?

Scoobe

IP: Logged
Halo
unregistered

posted 05-11-2000 01:29 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 3 CH campaigns are different than the ones from AH. Better IMHO. Smaller maps (but not too small!), more action. Clear campaign goals. They just are setup better. I'd choose one of those if I were you.
I only fly the Comanche. I like it's features more than those of the Holum.

Donald
Member # 1659

posted 05-11-2000 05:16 AM     Profile for Donald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scoobe, I believe that the "Cuban" campaign from EEAH is the "easiest" so start with that one. They're graded in the EEAH strategy guide from Flexman. As for choppers I still prefer the Apache, probably because I have more time in it and I definitely like the MFD repeaters you can still get in the Apache but not in the Comanche (yet, they'll be there once the patch is released).
Scout
Member # 657

posted 05-11-2000 06:30 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd suggest you try one of the skirmish mini-campaigns first. The full blown campaign is a little overwhelming, but the skirmishes are perfect to get accustomed with the great campaign GUI.

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 05-11-2000 06:40 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The AH campaigns have been changed so they have the same kind of objectives as the CH campaigns. But because of that, the strategic difficulty has changed somewhat.

Still, the easiest campaign is Cuba from the RED force perspective. Hell, leave it running for three to four hours and the AI can kick BLUE forces butt.

I'd recommend the Desert campaign (Sword In The Sand) first. It's the smallest, fairly even sided and a number of the objectives are easily obtained at the beginning.

The AH campaigns are - now - more wars of attrition given their size. Especially the Caspian Sea campaign from Blue force perspective.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 05-11-2000 12:42 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would agree Cuba from the Red side (Russian/Cuban) is the best one to start the Blue forces are small and concentrated. Try doing this from the Blue side if u like the challenge.
Also u could try the skimish's which are cut down campaigns with only 1 main target to go for.
I like the commanche's field cockpit, clear and plenty of glass to look out, but then you do get to see more of your co-pilot in the Hokum, and u do get that nifty Ejection Seat.
Cool thing to watch is attack a Ka52 Hokum and see the pilots eject when hit .

Veca
unregistered

posted 05-12-2000 01:03 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"attack a Ka52 Hokum and see the pilots eject when hit" at which point if playing the red side you should land and proceed on foot to the closest hiding spot, call for hind rescue mission, wait few mins, pop a flare and get air lifted back to base where you get a medal for outstanding survival skills and get a new chopper to continue your campaign

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.