my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » KA-52 Questions...... Help please anyone?

Author Topic: KA-52 Questions...... Help please anyone?
Polecat
Member # 4602

posted 05-08-2000 02:06 PM     Profile for Polecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
It seems that while playing KA52 if I scroll through either MFD more than twice I crash out to the desktop. I also experienced this bug in the demo. It seems to be the same in the full game. It does not matter if I use full screen MFD or pan to it in virtual view the result is the same, scrolling through MFD modes in ANY view causes crashes to the desktop reliably.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I did have problems with sound stutter on my TB montego Quadzilla but reverting to the Aureal vortex reference drivers (and subsequently losing rear channel support until TB releases compatible drivers for this card)temporarily solved the sound problems.
Also can anyone confirm that after completing missions in the campaign that the mission then becomes playable in cooperative multiplayer mode?
GT interactive says no but it seems to be the case for me.
Polecat out

------------------
Those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now.
Lt. General Louis "Chesty" Puller, upon learning he was surrounded

Posts: 31 | From: Nashua NH | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 05-08-2000 03:09 PM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tell me you have a GeForce and are using the 5.XX drivers and I will say there is the problem. The 5.XX are unstable. The OEM version of their new drivers is 3.84 (5.14 OEM release) and does not cause crashes. If this is not the case, what is your video card make?

[This message has been edited by Hatchet (edited 05-09-2000).]

Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 05-08-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Polecat, are you using "full screen Shvkal" mode?
Tomac

Polecat
Member # 4602

posted 05-10-2000 05:30 PM     Profile for Polecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys,
1: Yes I am using a Guillemot Hercules 3D Prophet ddr/dvi gforce card. I Am using Guillemot drivers version 3.77 based on the
Nvidia reference drivers but I am not sure which version. I also tried the two previous releases of the Guillemot drivers and I have the same trouble.
2: I am not using full screen shikval mode.
Thank you for your help guys, keep the suggestions coming. My system config is:
Asus P3B-F
PIII 650 MHz
384Mb PC-100
WD 27 gig UDMA 66 7200 Rpm
Guillemot 3D Prophet DDR/DVI
Montego II Quadzilla
Creative Labs 52X CD-ROM Drive
Toshiba SM 1212 DVD ROM Drive
Thanks again for your help,
Polecat out

------------------
Those poor bastards. They've got us right where we want 'em. We can shoot in every direction now.
Lt. General Louis "Chesty" Puller, upon learning he was surrounded

Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 05-10-2000 06:09 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Polecat, try selecting "full screen Shvkal". HTH...
Tomac

Polecat
Member # 4602

posted 05-10-2000 07:14 PM     Profile for Polecat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Tomac I will give it a try. I'll let you know if it works.
Polecat out

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.