my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » EECH & LAN. What a blast.

Author Topic: EECH & LAN. What a blast.
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 05-08-2000 07:48 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the topic says it all.
A friend an I played EECH Sunday over at my house. He brought his whole setup and we hooked up to fly the "Swords in the Sand" Campaign Coop.

Him and I, we did Sim-LAN'ing since EF2000, and EECH to me seems to be the best when it comes to coop play.

Too bad that the wingman position that he assumes is already airborne. Would be nice to fire up the engines and TO together.

EECH in a LAN lets you view the other players NAV Lights, restracting gears and weapon-bays as he operates them. Nice touch. Was it F4 that didn't show it right in multiplayer? I forgot.

To familiarize himself with the controls and all, we flew the 1st mission for the blue side over and over again.
Here's some gripes:
- Human wingman doesn't seem to be able to receive target data. I hovered over a ridge w/ radar on and had targets, he requested them thru the TAB comms menu, but on neither MFD in either mode, he couldn't see them. Am I missing something?

- LOS glitch. ALthough my FLIR picked up the targets by "looking" at it, I wasn't able to select and lock it. The same goes for the radar. Although my radar was exposed over the ridge, high enough to see all the targets ahead, it simply didn't. This issue affected both of us at different times.
Is there a known LOS issue?

- Collisions: My buddy crashed into me once, and it only took out his helo, mine wasn't even shaking. Glitch?

- Minor issue: Tracer colors. Since there are so many replacement-sounds, is there a chance to get more realistic looking tracers soon? The red Comanche tracers look odd.

Nonetheless, EECH on LAN is simply awesome.
We had great fun.

More later,

RR

------------------
Visit RainGaming. Stop by and populate the Forums :)
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 05-08-2000 08:23 AM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About the FLIR and RADAR not picking up the targets....are you sure that the targets had not already been destroyed? Tracers...I've only seen two different colored tracers...Red (Nato) and Green (Warsaw Pact), what other colors are used?

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 05-08-2000 09:12 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... green tracers? Only saw those in Gunship!
In CH, comanche's tracers are red and the rest vary from orange to yellow (counting in groundforces)

RR

------------------
Visit RainGaming. Stop by and populate the Forums :)
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MERACE
Member # 1595

posted 05-08-2000 10:10 AM     Profile for MERACE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RanRodee:

I have a home LAN (TCP/IP protocol) and have tried to setup a co-op multiplayer game with my son but have been unsuccessful. The manual is vague on how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MERACE

Posts: 32 | From: Troy MI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 05-08-2000 10:34 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RanRodee:

Too bad that the wingman position that he assumes is already airborne. Would be nice to fire up the engines and TO together.

The patch makes wingman wait until the lead takes off. Not sure about rotor starts though.

quote:
- Human wingman doesn't seem to be able to receive target data. I hovered over a ridge w/ radar on and had targets, he requested them thru the TAB comms menu, but on neither MFD in either mode, he couldn't see them. Am I missing something?

Dunno, never had problems with that over the Internet.

quote:
- LOS glitch. ALthough my FLIR picked up the targets by "looking" at it, I wasn't able to select and lock it. The same goes for the radar.

Maybe one of those '5-in-1' units? They are nearly impossible to lock up, best guess is the HIDSS/HMS.

quote:
- Collisions: My buddy crashed into me once, and it only took out his helo, mine wasn't even shaking. Glitch?

Probably the same thing as why you always lose in a collision with AI choppers - reduction of collision detection calculations.

Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 05-08-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.