my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Another small bug in EECH

Author Topic: Another small bug in EECH
Snake
Member # 696

posted 05-07-2000 05:21 PM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen vehicles driving through buildings. They seem to be driving on rails right through the towns.
Also they travel ontop of each other. As in 5-6 tanks and trucks all using the same spot while traveling. It looks really dumb.
And I know the vehicle spreading out pattern is being fixed, right?

Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Member # 1659

posted 05-07-2000 08:55 PM     Profile for Donald   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pretty comical; tanks, APCs, etc, also levitate about a foot above the roadway too!
I believe that all of this stuff is being addressed in the patch which is to be released any day now.

Judge
Member # 1634

posted 05-08-2000 12:02 AM     Profile for Judge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not really a bug and I doubt it'll be addressed in a patch. These are artefacts of the collision detection routines for vehicles in the game. Collision detection is relatively CPU intensive. Scaled by the number of objects in the game, performing proper collision detection for all of them would bring the game to a grinding halt.
S.

Posts: 440 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.