my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » 5.16 beta works great in EECH

Author Topic: 5.16 beta works great in EECH
BoDog
Member # 4142

posted 05-04-2000 02:12 PM     Profile for BoDog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You will have to install and setup the EECH sim with the 3.68 geforce drivers installed in your computer. I used the terrible Asus 3.68 drivers for my 6800. With the 3.68 drivers installed I went to the setup screen and put the resolution at 1600x1200. I then exited the sim, installed the 5.16 drivers, then went back into the sim and everthing works and looks great. I couldn't set the resolution above 640x480 when I installed the sim with the 5.16 drivers.
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 05-04-2000 02:34 PM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, where did you get this driver from then? Have the same card and had a look but couldn't find it.
MotherSuperior
Member # 524

posted 05-04-2000 03:28 PM     Profile for MotherSuperior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The 5.16 drivers are a leaked beta... you can find them on various geforce dedicated sites...

Others have reported that the drivers do not help with certain graphical glitches such as the wires between 'telephone' poles... you will still need the /notnl switch

Mother

Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 05-04-2000 03:36 PM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Mother!
Well, I think I'll wait then for some REAL good drivers to fix all the tnl probs.

BoDog
Member # 4142

posted 05-04-2000 03:59 PM     Profile for BoDog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can download the 5.16 drivers at www.reactorcritical.com .Yes he's right those graphic glitches are still there with the beta drivers, those small glitches isn't game breaking so thats something us Geforce owners will have to live with right now. But the new beta driver is a lot faster than the 3.68. If speed is what your looking for, try the 5.16 along with Powerstrip. On my machine its a whole lot more stable than Asus 3.68 drivers.
XDukeX
Member # 4333

posted 05-04-2000 04:01 PM     Profile for XDukeX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am pulling my hair out just trying to get this game running. I have tried the 3.68 drivers and 5.08 5.13 5.16 and I cant get to the first screen. The music plays from the cd and the title shows up in the top left corner of my monitor but thats it. I have even tried using my Voodoo 3000 pci card and it won't even work. PLEASE HELP !!!!!

------------------
2nd Lt. XDukeX
Buccaneer Mercenary Company

Posts: 52 | From: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
BoDog
Member # 4142

posted 05-04-2000 05:11 PM     Profile for BoDog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Duke,
I was having the same problem when I would run off the 5.16 at first. Tell us a little bit about your system, what 3.68 drivers, Nvidia reference, asus, or what? which DirectX, 6.1, 7.0 7a. What chip used, what motherboard....

XDukeX
Member # 4333

posted 05-04-2000 05:34 PM     Profile for XDukeX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply, I'm running a;
Intel PIII 733 Coppermine 133 fsb
GeForce 256 DDR Anihilator
Diamond MX400 Sound Card
256 meg pc133 2 cycle ram
Asus VIA P3V4X Apollo chipset motherboard
Win 98
DX7a
NVidia 3.86 driver

PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP ME !!!!!

Thanks

------------------
2nd Lt. XDukeX
Buccaneer Mercenary Company

Posts: 52 | From: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 05-05-2000 02:55 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay then, I have another question...
are there any major differences between the DirectX 7.0 and DirectX 7.0a driver?
I installed the 7.0a driver just because some demo wanted it, never really thought I need it. But now the sequences in Rogue Spear and RS Urban Ops wont play anymore, they just freeze after a couple of seconds or minutes and I'm right now in the game. That never happened before, like.
Well, EECH runs fine so far - besides of being sluggish as hell - as all other stuff on my comp does but I'm thinkin' of goin' back to use DirectX 7.0- if there isn't any improvement comin' with 7.0a. Haven't noticed anything but maybe some of you know?

JL678
unregistered

posted 05-05-2000 09:35 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Duke,
The 3.68 drivers should run perfectly in CH and your v3 should works as well. I think that the problem relates to something other than your video card. What about your swapfile. What size is it? Here's my suggestion for you to try.

1. Uninstall C-H
2. Remove Swap file (system properties/performance/virtual memory)
3. defrag
4. Reactivate swap file. (people vary on what settings to use. Either set it at 2.5x memory size or let windows manage it)
5.reinstall DX 7a
6. Reinstall MX400 Drivers
7. Reinstall Nvidia 3.68 Drivers
8. Install DX 7a (yes again!)
9. Install C-H

Hope this helps. It certainly can't hurt!

JL

IP: Logged
Cat
Member # 2285

posted 05-06-2000 03:13 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, MtherSuperior...

The line-drawing problem in TnL is the one I'm waiting to be fixed before I upgrade drivers again.

Miao, Cat

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.