my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » ch pedals and ka52 alligator ?

Author Topic: ch pedals and ka52 alligator ?
msmith
unregistered

posted 05-03-2000 08:29 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I havent been able to find AH in stock at any of the EB's around ATLanta GA so I thought I'd get KA52 instead. I've got a question though about controls I currently have a CH fighter stick and a pro throttle. ARe the pedals a must have and if so do I give up the throttle I think you can only use two controls with CH products
IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 05-03-2000 08:56 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
add ch pro pedals for a nice hotas set, all will work fine together, you will appreciate all three
Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 05-03-2000 09:17 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
msmith, the flight model that ships with Ka-52 is in definite need of improvement. You can download both an improved FM (ZeroG's FM) or a much more improved flight model and patched Team2.exe file from http://www.sim-arena.com/ . ZeroG's FM is a little too stable to be realistic but makes it much easier to use unguided weapons like rockets and gunpods. Let us know how you like it...
Tomac

K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 05-03-2000 10:31 PM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Need Pedals? Dude! I'd lose the throttle before I played without pedals. That just may be my playing style though, but I rely heavily on my pedals. Wouldn't be enjoying the games nearly as much.

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
loserboy2
Member # 3873

posted 05-03-2000 10:36 PM     Profile for loserboy2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
INSPECTOR... you're saying the CH Pro Pedals can work with KA52 TA?? I have the Saitek x36 USB and the USB CH Pro Pedals and I can only get the X36 to work in KA52 or EECH, no pedals. I gotta use that rocker switch on the throttle... Am I missing something here? Why can't I get the pedals to work? Is it a problem with the USB controller??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 12 | From: Dallas TX USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 05-03-2000 10:59 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An USB problem is likely.
But also the X36 already has a rudder substitute IIRC, if you can't disable that somehow, the external rudders won't be recognized.
Just a guess.

msmith
unregistered

posted 05-04-2000 09:27 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks guys the logical followup question is will all 3 controllers work at once or do I have to choose two of the three.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.