my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Now we really need a new forum!!

Author Topic: Now we really need a new forum!!
del2
Member # 4444

posted 05-03-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for del2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, with two KA-52 sims out simultaneously and a total of three new helo sims and a few remaining LB2 and AH fans out there, we (OK, the CH community) need a new forum. At the very least we need standardized abbreviations for CH (now - CH,C/H,EECH,etc) so we can search for game specific info. I must say, I own all 5 helo sims so I still find interesting stuff here but it is getting more and more difficult to pick through it. Anyone else feel the same? I'd hate to see the CH crowd move to another site because I spend more than enough time just scanning this one.
David

Posts: 101 | From: CNY | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jont
Member # 4238

posted 05-03-2000 11:21 AM     Profile for Jont     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
del2

>At the very least we need standardized abbreviations...

I agree, so long as someone tells me what they mean

I must admit to getting really confused about what people are talking about, being only familiar with Team-Apache, Team-Alligator, LB2 and not a lot else.

I was getting the impression that there was a multitude of heli sims I just didn't know about

Posts: 83 | From: Maidenhead, England | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 05-03-2000 11:02 PM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Standardized acronyms sounds good to me. As far as what sims are out there, I don't have them all, but I have a few:

Enemy Engaged: RAH-66 Comanche vs KA-52 Hokum
Razorworks Apache vs Havoc
KA52 <Team Alligator>
Microprose Gunship
Longbow 2
Longbow
Microprose Gunship 2000 w/Fire & Ice Missions
Novalogic Comanche 3
Novalogic Comanche Maximum Overkill
Interactive Magic's Apache
Team Apache (don't have)
AH-1x (don't have)
Interactive Magic's "Hind" (don't have)

Taking into account when these hit the market, that's how I recall feeling about them. There's probably more, but that's what I've came up with "off the top of my head".

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Azman
Member # 504

posted 05-04-2000 03:47 AM     Profile for Azman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hind was quite good actually. it's not that detailed but it's great fun going into enemy territory carrying troops for insertions.

almost as fun as the blackhawk in longbow2 with you flying and your friend manning the gun...

Posts: 168 | From: KL , Malaysia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jont
Member # 4238

posted 05-04-2000 05:24 AM     Profile for Jont     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
K6_Scorp

nice to see what's around - thnx

as for acronyms - methinks that'll be a tad tricky - guess we'll have to make do with abbreviations

[This message has been edited by Jont (edited 05-04-2000).]

Posts: 83 | From: Maidenhead, England | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snake
Member # 696

posted 05-04-2000 07:29 AM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well we could use them but I don't know how to make all them smileys!
Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 05-04-2000 10:05 PM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's one thing that I miss from Longbow 2, flying the blackhawk as the door gunner, using the 5.56 gatling gun. That ROCKED! Since I didn't have anyone to pilot, I put it in autopilot, slowed it down to a crawl and pointed it offset to the enemy pos...then I let the tracers fly as we drifted by.

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
Member # 4579

posted 05-05-2000 06:38 AM     Profile for Ozias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Troops in Hind look pretty much like the troops in Comanche Hokum, which is not surprising since the Razorworks team were with Digital Integration when they were working on Hind. (Except there are no Muhajedeen troops in Comanche Hokum )
Posts: 334 | From: London,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 05-05-2000 12:51 PM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozias:
The Troops in Hind look pretty much like the troops in Comanche Hokum,

And you know what - while idle in EECH they scratch butts, while in HIND they sorting out something in the groin area (saw only US troops doing it though!?)

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.