my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Too sensitive cyclic...?

Author Topic: Too sensitive cyclic...?
Bogey
Member # 998

posted 05-02-2000 01:36 PM     Profile for Bogey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Being used to the sluggish controls in LB2, I found the C-H FM to be VERY responsive.
The Ka-52 reached 200km/h in no time at all!
This has got to be wrong, and if it isn't, I want some way to change it!

------------------
Up there, where the air is rare...

Posts: 339 | From: West coast of Sweden | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hoverstorm
Member # 1191

posted 05-02-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for Hoverstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the "/dzd:0.0" command can be used to adjust the cyclic deadzone. For example: C:\Razorworks\cohokum\cohokum.exe /dzd:10.0. If I'm correct this will create more deadzone. The default setting is 0.0. Somebody correct me If I'm wrong on this.

Hoverstorm

Posts: 185 | From: Trondheim, Norway | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 05-03-2000 05:47 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zero G working on some improvements, but they are mostly related to sideways flight.
You can ask him or any other real life chopper pilot that cyclic sensitivity is simulated quite right!

And nothing wrong with Hokum dual coaxial rotor to pick the speed that fast - it's by design (not game, but real life one).

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 05-03-2000 06:22 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
being a tired old lb2 pilot i would add to sarge's statements that it takes practice, - you will pick it up

i was beginning to worry, but i'm picking it up

Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.