my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » CH: campaign question (choosing missions)

Author Topic: CH: campaign question (choosing missions)
Halo
unregistered

posted 05-02-2000 02:32 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't own CH yet, but I got a question. The (few) reviews I've read, gave me the idea that during a campaign you can jump in and out any helo you like. (Just like in TAW's AWACS.) Get bored during a mission? Go to the campaign map, choose another mission and fly that chopper. Is this correct? Can I jump into an already assigned mission that is almost near it's target, take the target out, and jump into another helo, assigned ot not, and thus skip the boring flying from waypoint 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 before I get some real action? Can you jump out of a helo before the main objectives are fullfileed without punishment? Or do you really have to play the full mission from waypoint one to waypoint last? If you really can fly any helo at anytime I will go to the shop right away and get this sim. Apologies for the massive amount of questionmarks...
IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 05-02-2000 02:44 AM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, you can fly any flyable helo at (almost) any time. By flyable I mean featured gunships, i.e RAH-66 and Ka-52B (and AH-64D and Mi-28N if you have Apache-Havoc installed). By almost I mean that you cannot take a gunship when its on "Return" phase, i.e it has fullfilled its mission objective. If you jump out of the helo before you got "mission complete", you will obviously not get a points for that mission.

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 05-02-2000 02:46 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup you are free to jump into any helo that has not completed it's mission yet. The only ones you can't jump into are ones that are on the way home. I would think that your pilot stats wouldn't look good if you were starting missions then leaving before they were done. As to the war effort, I don't think it would hurt anything. You can just jump into each as they hit an action spot then leave the helo so that the AI will take her home.

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Halo
unregistered

posted 05-02-2000 04:12 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow... And I've just read part II of the review. I'm off to the shop NOW to buy this game. This is going to be great, I know it...
Halo
unregistered

posted 05-02-2000 09:20 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
**** ... I just read about problems with GeForce cards... [email protected]#*&$#*(
Acoording to the messages I found using Search, there is no solution yet... So I didn't buy the game yet. Is this still the case? Even the /notnl option doesn't help? I also read somewhere that the /cbar:n (or something like that: it changes the popup) doesn't work with the CH maps, only the AH maps. So that won't help either. Damnit. You think yougot a great card, then this comes up...

Halo
unregistered

posted 05-02-2000 09:21 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, that's nice! I just typed a word which apparently isn't allowed on this forum (though it really ain't that bad! Really!) and now it's changed to **** ! Nice...
sKiGhDoC
Member # 4533

posted 05-02-2000 09:56 AM     Profile for sKiGhDoC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Halo
you should be ok with the /notnl option. i have a Geforce DDR (Prophet) and i can see the power lines just fine with that command line switch. get flexmans utility to help u get started as well...and enjoy!

------------------
sKiGhDoC, OUT!

"taurus oculus"

[This message has been edited by sKiGhDoC (edited 05-02-2000).]

Posts: 48 | From: Ft Hood, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.