my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Help with Apache/Havoc needed......

Author Topic: Help with Apache/Havoc needed......
Flack
Member # 4504

posted 05-01-2000 02:14 PM     Profile for Flack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My problem lies within the old program of A/H.
As previously stated I just purchased this sim from my local EB store.(Canada)
I installed on a recently formatted hard drive on a seperate partition from my OS, with a dedicated swap-file of 256 max/min.
I have a p2 450, 128mram pc-100, TNT-2-Ultra.
Using DX-7a.
I downloaded the patch and applied it. First question: Why does everyone say I need patch 101.f when the patch is downloaded it says its patch 101.C?
When trying to change resolutions within the game, I cant!
I use the ctrl+F4 key stroke. I can only attain 640x480.
Also I see there are joystick files on the cd(using explore)
How do I apply those files to the game?
another problem with keystrokes is there isnt anyway I can see to change them. Is that right?
On my keystroke card it says the key Enter(main keyboard) is used to toggle cockpit/menus
When I use Enter it takes me to a map screen.
As you can see Iam in a bit of a caffudle here.
Also, having paid good money for this program I resent having to put the cd in everytime.
Would you mind telling me where I can get a no-cd file from?
I tried the one at Game-copy world but it didnt work.
Thanks for any help/advice you may give.

Flack
Member # 4504

posted 05-01-2000 04:06 PM     Profile for Flack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To the top......
HG
Member # 3385

posted 05-01-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for HG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Flack,

I dont know why you cant change resolution, which version of driver are you using? I have a TNT2ultra with offical driver 3.86 and have no problem with it. I would suggest incraesing your swapfile, say:400MB.

The patch you should get is 1.01e, it is shown on the offical site as 1.01d, but download it anyway. You can see the version number while the game is loading.

The Enter key is used for toggling map/game,
and I think you cant change the keymapping.

The joystick files I think are for TM gears and Microsoft sidewinder, so it depends on which joystick you are using.

Haven't used any no-cd file, so cant help you here.

Sorry about my English.

Regards

Posts: 19 | From: LONDON UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.