my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Need Help w/Ka-52 Combat Mission

Author Topic: Need Help w/Ka-52 Combat Mission
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-30-2000 08:54 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tajikistan Combat Mission #5. This mission gives me no problems whatsoever except for completing the final objective "Harm Remaining Enemy Forces". I've searched and searched, used the ARSP to rearm/refuel but I'll be [email protected] if I can find any "remaining enemy forces" to harm! Spoilers invited...
Tomac
PS-Anyone besides me find Tajikistan Combat Mission #4 a real b*tch to complete with a decisive victory? (I managed it but don't know how many more tries it would take to do it again...)

Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 04-30-2000 09:55 PM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had to do a good deal of flying around conducting searches. My co pilot helped a great deal by spotting targets I could not see. It is a facet I really like about the game. There is no blowing through in a day. I was riddled with rounds countless times in mission #4. I have to hand it to SIMIS on this one. Well done and intricate missions. Sorry I cannot be of more help only to say, "Thanks to sharp eyed Co-Pilots".
Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-30-2000 10:09 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thx, Hatchet! Guess I'll just load up on AvGas & Ammo and start a circular search pattern spirialing outwards from my base. I also got riddled numerous times in #4, I have a lucky screenshot showing my Ka-52 shot down with the Havoc responsible in the background. The one time I got my Decisive Victory both my engines were badly damaged (along with numerous other subsystems) and I had exactly *1* rd of 23mm cannon ammo remaining (I had to direct my wingies to stop the armor thrust towards the airbase). That was one h*ll of a mission, I plan to try it again when I'm feeling particularly masochistic...
Tomac
BTW, I've found that the "Boresight" command is very useful for getting momentary locks on hard-to-find targets and "Game Commander" is great for increasing immersiveness while decreasing HOTAS workload.

[This message has been edited by Tomac (edited 04-30-2000).]

Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 05-01-2000 04:03 AM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too utilize Game Commander and have found it to be extremely helpful when passing orders to the rest of the flight wing. Yeah, mission #4 was the bear! I came back limping, smoking, and with about 50 extra pounds of lead! I was missing a weapons pylon and just about every cockpit light was on. But that was good gaming.
Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Keyser Soze
Member # 3958

posted 05-02-2000 09:03 AM     Profile for Keyser Soze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchet:
I had to do a good deal of flying around conducting searches. My co pilot helped a great deal by spotting targets I could not see. It is a facet I really like about the game. There is no blowing through in a day. I was riddled with rounds countless times in mission #4. I have to hand it to SIMIS on this one. Well done and intricate missions. Sorry I cannot be of more help only to say, "Thanks to sharp eyed Co-Pilots".

Thanks for the kind words, I've passed your comments on to my games designers.

Regards

Neil

------------------
Neil Soane
Project Director
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
(Simis & GlassGhost studios)

Posts: 13 | From: Godalming, England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.