my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Gunship...is there anything worth buying it for?

Author Topic: Gunship...is there anything worth buying it for?
McCudden
Member # 4526

posted 04-30-2000 06:04 PM     Profile for McCudden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've read the assorted reviews/public stoning reports and general hullaballoo over this product,but as yet there seems to be mixed opinions of it still.
I have what's reportedly the best in CvH,tried the demo of Gunship and found the annoying bugs/ommisions that most have reported so far.
It may seem a trifle dim to some of you,but I really want those trees
Just after an educated,informed opinion from someone who has the game already.
Idiot savants need not apply...I have a whole HQ squadron full of them already.

[This message has been edited by McCudden (edited 04-30-2000).]

Posts: 81 | From: Perth,Scotland | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 04-30-2000 06:59 PM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it sounds like you've looked around the forums a bit and seen the blood! There's a lively debate at the moment on the Gunship page on this forum.

(Desparately trying to keep my head down) If you've played the demo I can't imagine you'll find much else that will convince you either way. Check out the opinions in the Gunship vs Longbow post. I think most people would agree that the terrain is a big plus. The rest of the sim is wide open to opinion. I do own Gunship, and have had it for about a week.

Perhaps a good plan would be to buy it from Electroniques Boutique, and you can return it for ANY reason if you are not satisfied, within 10 days. Can't say fairer than that

Cheers
Ken

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
McCudden
Member # 4526

posted 04-30-2000 07:09 PM     Profile for McCudden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you Ken.
Unfortunately,living where I do is not a plus in foraging into the world of computer software buying generally.We only have one shop here and the locals still use the barter system for most things and still think 'plastic' is what you use to make a large,smoking hole in a quarry,or to bring large amounts of illegally stunned fish to the surface of a loch.

I usually order things via mail order of course,but that makes it tedious for returning software with the foibles of the local post office or Ar$ehole force as they are commonly known.

Thanks for the gen anyroad,much appreciated.

------------------
"Yes,Sir..these helicopters have skis in case it's snowing when you land"

[This message has been edited by McCudden (edited 04-30-2000).]

Posts: 81 | From: Perth,Scotland | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
ral
Member # 2748

posted 04-30-2000 07:48 PM     Profile for ral   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
McCudden:

I know what you mean about trees.

Ken:

Ordering through the internet here brings up the price by 125-200% and only a few distributors here import originals. They have a no return no exchnage policy(unless the game won't run).

Posts: 868 | From: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.