my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Should I get A-H with C-H??

Author Topic: Should I get A-H with C-H??
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 04-26-2000 07:44 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is A-H with C-H like Longbow1 with Longbow2. I mean LB1 and LB2 are quite far apart in terms of graphics. Does A-H look good as C-H in graphics or is it dated??
THks

Scoobe
unregistered

posted 04-26-2000 08:04 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think its worth getting (If you can find it) since the apache and Havoc import into CH. I dont have CH yet, but should be getting my order any day now. AH has very good graphics in my opinion, however the cockpits are limited to 640 *480, buts thats only when played without CH. I think CH has made some improvements to the graphic engine but as a whole from the screen shoots Ive seen they are very simullar. Thats not to say the graphics are bad. I think AH was ahead of its time. Although there have been prettier scenery in other products. the terrian is very good for simulating helicopter combat. When you get CH you will probably never play AH again by itself since the campains and aircraft import into CH so well.

Robert

IP: Logged
Cruise
Member # 1912

posted 04-27-2000 10:19 AM     Profile for Cruise   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only get it if you want 6 campaigns instead of 3, and 4 helo's to fly instead of 2. Hhhmmmm, 6 fully dynamic campaigns, and 4 superbly rendered helo's. I think the answer to your question is resoundingly yes.

(Sorry for the sarcasm)

Posts: 88 | From: York, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 04-27-2000 07:01 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Plus scalable cockpits for the Apache and the Havoc, and the improvements in the AI and campaign engine applied to the original AH campaigns
Mispunt
Member # 3500

posted 04-28-2000 03:34 AM     Profile for Mispunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JUST GET IT!
It looks just as good.
In higher res. the Apache/Havoc cockpits become a bit fuzzy when playing through Comanche hokum. But that's the only graphics issue when combining these games.
But besides that, you get the Apache and the Havoc! (isn't that reason enough?)

Cheers

Posts: 182 | From: Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ral
Member # 2748

posted 04-28-2000 11:36 AM     Profile for ral   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably only a matter of time before someone creates higher resolution cockpits for A/H.
Posts: 868 | From: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kestrel
unregistered

posted 04-28-2000 01:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes - get it. It looks very good and is a lot of fun to play (great campaigns). I picked it up 2 weeks ago in the bargain bin at EB for $17 Canadian (about $12 US). It will help me get through the wait until CH gets to Canada.

Cheers.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.