my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Those new C/H sounds...

Author Topic: Those new C/H sounds...
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 04-22-2000 04:58 PM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got C/H... Gawd, I am impressed.
Now, I was checking around for those new Rotor sounds fellas were mentioning...
Where can I find these? And: did anyone sample the KA-52 Team Alligator sounds for the Rotors?
Please post some links. I already got Flexxman's util to toy around with it.

Wow, I love that sim :)
Heck, I am even thinking on dumping my dedicated UT server to run a dedicated C/H campaign... lemme know...

RR

------------------
Visit the OklaCity GameDomain. Stop by and populate the Forums :)
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming fellow gamers wanted to participate and make the site a better site :)

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CEP}I{AHT
Member # 328

posted 04-25-2000 05:46 AM     Profile for CEP}I{AHT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEAAAAH!!!

Please do the server!
We are soooo in need of one, or two or better three, well four would not hurt either and five..., and six...

Seriousely - with new patch dedicated server should be tuned up to run with batch files and continuesly and stuff, and in my MP experience in C-H the better host we have pingwise and broadbandwise - the better MP and more players!

------------------
Independent Helicopter Squadron RuAF

(Buy A-H and C-H and you might see BH-H!)

Posts: 151 | From: FSU | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 04-25-2000 07:27 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well...
I am considering the server. Let me start a poll on my site in the C/H Forum and see how many ppl would like to have me set one up.

Since I "only" have cable modem, I don't know how many pilots it will handle, but if ppl are interested, I will look into it.

For example, I can host an Unreal Tourny Server with 6-8 players just fine.
I don't know C/H's netcode at all - so I need to experiment.

Go to my site (see signiture) and post your server thoughts.

Thanks,

RR

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

jus66
Member # 4211

posted 04-25-2000 07:51 AM     Profile for jus66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The rotor sounds are at the combat-helo-section at www.simhq.com.

Posts: 18 | From: Hennef - Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-25-2000 10:51 AM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RanRodee,

Make sure to have a 3D card for your server, i was told it needed one from Todd. I would gladly try to join it when it'll be on.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TetsuBo
Member # 330

posted 04-25-2000 11:54 AM     Profile for TetsuBo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SWEEET!!
A dedicated server would rock.
Hopefully it'd help our online efforts alot.
Go for it!

------------------
I am TetsuBo, eater of cookies and souls

Posts: 127 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
goon
Member # 457

posted 04-25-2000 12:36 PM     Profile for goon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I could go for the server as well.
I just got online at home, and ahve already tried CH online. It seemed good to me, but I have no previous experience to base this on....
Goon

------------------
Now I know what a dog feels like watching TV.

— A DC-9 captain trainee attempting to check out on the
"glass" A-320.

Posts: 124 | From: Stafford, England | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 04-25-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Dl'd the sounds from SimHQ and got some crazy errors when I tryed to UnZip it. Not sure if it was my end or not.

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM A CLOSE FRIEND...ABSOLUTELY NOT ME.........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have replaced the Hokum rotor sounds in C/H with the ones in TA. I also stole some of the crash sounds ( helo ) and explosion sounds. Some of TA's weather effects are much better as well. I have yet to meddle there.

Its a fairly simple change to make. Just open up your "sound-recorder" in Windows...Find the sounds on the TA CD...and re-save the sounds in another directory. I also changed some of the freq-quality when I saved em'. Then I simply went into the directory and changed the extention to a .PCM file as apposed to a regular .WAV . From there...I used Flex's utility to replce existing sounds. Now if I can just get my hands on a good Jet Simm to get rid of those weak Jet engine sounds.

I changed the comanches weak sounding cannon to the 23mm cannon sound in TA. Sounds much "meatier". I changed the richochet sounds from small arms...now I $hit myself when I hear the Abrams firing at me with their guns.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now...I'm not condoning the fact if anyone else does this. It may violate any number of agreements that you "OK-d" when installing the games. I'm just a messenger...*smile*

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 04-25-2000 09:04 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my vote for the server idea is aye
Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-25-2000 09:08 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OKC is not far from me,itll prolly run six ok
Posts: 260 | From: ,Texas,usa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
jus66
Member # 4211

posted 04-26-2000 02:30 AM     Profile for jus66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@Lionpride,
go to home.t-online.de/home/d.smielick
and click on "Flugsimulatoren" to the left. Scroll down and you will find a new soundpack. Download the file. The soundpack includes new explosion, gear, artillery, light damage and jet engine sounds.
Maybe you can post your new sounds from TA, so everybody can download them.
If you don't have a homepage, send them to me via email. I'll then post them on mine (of course, with credits to you).

Posts: 18 | From: Hennef - Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 04-26-2000 02:42 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK...I'll zip em' up and send em' your way. I think mine are easy to understand ... since I renamed the sounds I used...So ppl wil be able to find where they go in an easy fashion.

I probably won't get to it till later this afternoon though. Night shift you know...he he...Need my beauty sleep.

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 04-26-2000 08:19 AM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay fellas,
tonight I will try to install Win2K instead of running NT and see how C/H will run.
My machine already has a 3D card in it, its a PII 333 @ 374 w/ 128MB RAM.

Go to my "small town's" Forums and check the progress.

I hope we can fly on the server soon.

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.