my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » New sounds for Comanche vs. Hokum

Author Topic: New sounds for Comanche vs. Hokum
jus66
Member # 4211

posted 04-21-2000 03:24 PM     Profile for jus66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
I have some new sounds for Comanche vs. Hokum. I changed the explosion, jet engine, gear, light damage and artillery sounds.
You can download them at
http://home.t-online.de/home/d.smielick/

Left-click on "Flugsimulatoren" on the navigation bar to the left. Scroll-down and download the "SoundpackA"-file.

Sorry, the page is in german. But I think, it is not to difficult to find your way through.

Dirk "Arctic Angel" Smielick

Posts: 18 | From: Hennef - Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hoverstorm
Member # 1191

posted 04-21-2000 06:16 PM     Profile for Hoverstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
jus66 great sounds! - using them now.

Hoverstorm

Posts: 185 | From: Trondheim, Norway | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Reflex
unregistered

posted 04-22-2000 02:28 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, great Sounds !!!

Danke Dirk, hat mir zu den neuen Rotorsounds noch gefehlt. Kommt noch ein Soundpack 2 als Ersatz für die anderen Sounds ?

IP: Logged
Snake
Member # 696

posted 04-22-2000 05:03 PM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok Where do they go?
Do I need Flexmans util?
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Snake (edited 04-22-2000).]

Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hoverstorm
Member # 1191

posted 04-22-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for Hoverstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Ok Where do they go?
Do I need Flexmans util?
Thanks.

From http://home.t-online.de/home/d.smielick/ :

"You have to use the utility "CH Control V. 1.3" to implement the new sounds. You can download this utility at www.simhq.com."

Posts: 185 | From: Trondheim, Norway | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snake
Member # 696

posted 04-23-2000 06:54 AM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks the sounds are cool. I love the light damage, it actually sounds bad now.
Just wondering, where did you get the Artillery Light sound? Command and Conquer? Sounds like it.
Thanks

Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Predator0 Leader
Member # 4028

posted 04-23-2000 02:40 PM     Profile for Predator0 Leader     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sehr gute Sounds!
Sind echt cool.

Posts: 12 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 04-24-2000 05:47 AM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These sounds may be great, but they're not named the same as the sound files in the sim...so finding which one to replace is difficult. What type of player can I get a hold of to test these sounds before I load em'?

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 04-24-2000 06:11 PM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can play the sounds in my utility (version 1.3 anyway)

But you have to replace an existing effect, but if it's the wrong one just click RESTORE and no harm done.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 04-24-2000 08:41 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx Richard....will the new version overide the old when installed?....or do I have to uninstall the ole' one first?

BTW....I posted an E-mail to the forum about the new patch not letting me fly my old campaign. You have any ideas on the problem?

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 04-25-2000 04:57 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(Whoops)

The patch and forum LP refers to is beta related. So please don't bother asking where you can download it or anything.

LP, if you read the readme for the beta patch #1 (which you didn't bother with) but which was posted raw to the forum, you will read that the new build is data incompatible. Meaning you can't play your old campaigns or network with unpactched versions.

As for the C-H utility, it doesn't have or really need an install program as it's pretty clean. Just replace the old .exe with the new. It's pretty happy and self-contained, just the way I like 'em.

[This message has been edited by Richard 'Flexman' Hawley (edited 04-25-2000).]

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mitsu
Member # 4263

posted 04-25-2000 05:13 AM     Profile for Mitsu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!
Fa*con4s?

Nice Jet Sounds - can you ready Aircraft Damaged (Engine Fire) Sound for C-H?

Thanks.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.