my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » "This is ground control..."

Author Topic: "This is ground control..."
Mojo 16 163
Member # 2343

posted 04-20-2000 01:44 PM     Profile for Mojo 16 163   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jeez! The voice comms in CH are driving me nuts! It's a geat sim, no doubt about it, but there's gotta be a way to shoot the controllers, especially that Brooklyn b*tch that sounds like "The Nanny" on TV. I tried taking out the tower, but it didn't help. <hehe>

It's obvious that Razorworks has created a top shelf sim with CH, why cheapen it with crappy comms? It would be great if they took a page from F4 and Jane's FA18 and made it sound more professionl. Perhaps, the "over-the-top" American accent works for the europeans, but it kinda ruins it for me.

Does anyone know if the patch is addressing this?

BTW, Flexman, if you're reading this, are you still going to post the details of the patch?

Thanks,

Mojo 16 163

[This message has been edited by Mojo 16 163 (edited 04-20-2000).]

MotherSuperior
Member # 524

posted 04-20-2000 02:28 PM     Profile for MotherSuperior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mojo,

If you get Flexman's utility, you can turn off the comms... all the comms actually...

Interesting way to try and play... But I agree with you about the 'This is ground control,...' over and over and over and... yes you guessed it, over

Mother

Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 04-20-2000 04:18 PM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ohhhh yeeeesssss, fully agree. The frequent 'you are cleared for takeoff' falls into the same category, too loud, too clear, too often. This kind of comms don't fit into the overall quality of the sim. Why have sim companies (except Janes Baltimore team) so many problem with serious comms, is it so difficult to ask someone before such scrab is released ? So much effort for this great sim, and then such cheap stuff which ruins the immersion.
At least we'll get a patch with sound volume sliders. The problem is, some of the comms are important, so turning them off completely is no alternative.
Jackal

[This message has been edited by Jackal (edited 04-20-2000).]

INSPECTOR
Member # 291

posted 04-20-2000 05:27 PM     Profile for INSPECTOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i seem to remember something in the manual's credits page about a u.s. active duty combat helo pilot helping with something called "scripting" ....
Posts: 109 | From: omaha, ne | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 04-20-2000 07:46 PM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Inspector,
hmmm, also Flexman and Blaze are mentioned there (it says dialog authors in the German manual).
Now that leaves me really scratching my head. Wondering if that means the comm system, can't imagine.
Jackal

Isatheprophet2
Member # 4336

posted 04-21-2000 09:57 PM     Profile for Isatheprophet2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi

No the coms voices do not work for us Europeans, but to tell you the truth I do not mind them. It is all part of the sim, though I would love some britsh, german, and a better sounding russians, In European air wars they have added ons for the cool sim, so may be this too.

:)

------------------
best wishes

Isatheprophet

Posts: 40 | From: Manchester,UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.