my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Strange KA-52 TA problem

Author Topic: Strange KA-52 TA problem
IvanHoe
Member # 1747

posted 04-19-2000 10:30 AM     Profile for IvanHoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a strange problem that just started last night with KA-52 TA. After hitting Ctrl-M to arm my weapons, I do not get weapon info in my HUD. I can fire weapons, but I don't know which one I am using and cannot see my targets. My WO seems to be locking up targets, and my shots hit home but I cannot see any weapon info (ie what weapons I have selected or any target queue information) but can fire. Any ideas?
Posts: 27 | From: Grayslake, IL - USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sparrow_52nd
Member # 4083

posted 04-19-2000 10:50 AM     Profile for Sparrow_52nd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea return it(the game that is)and buy Comanche hokum.
Posts: 54 | From: Austin,Texas,US | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 04-19-2000 11:15 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good one, Sparrow, although I disagree about returning Ka-52 TA.

IvanHoe, are you saying that you used to have weapons info in the HUD and it has mysteriously disappeared, and the key command to bring it up does not now work, although it did formerly? That is bizarre, but may be related to the Ka-52 memory leak . (Just a guess - I don't know what kind of problems, beside a general slowdown, that a memory leak would be likely to cause.) If so, I don't know what to do about it, except maybe reinstall if a reboot does not fix it...

IP: Logged
IvanHoe
Member # 1747

posted 04-19-2000 02:47 PM     Profile for IvanHoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sparrow, I DO intend on purchasing CH when it is out in the US. With THAT said, KA-52 is still pretty damn nice.

Anyway, I will try to uninstall/re-install tonight. Ctrl-M does give me the ability to fire, I just don't know what weapon I have currently selected or what target my WO has picked.

Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-19-2000 06:26 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ivanhoe, are you still able to change HUD modes from Nav to none to Combat?
Tomac

IvanHoe
Member # 1747

posted 04-19-2000 07:46 PM     Profile for IvanHoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can that way. I swear that it automatically changed the HUD mode to weapons when I hit Ctrl-M. Guess I'm smokin something funny. Guess it must be the fumes from smoking BMP hulls.
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-19-2000 09:15 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ivanhoe, I sometimes suffer from erratic controls after flying for awhile, I think this may have to do with a reported memory leak problem.
Tomac

Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 04-20-2000 05:06 AM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You must manually change to the combat hud by hitting the ; key. You will then see the weapons hud change based upon weapon selection. Weapons selection is cycled by either the backspace key or the joystick. Good hunting.
Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.