my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » aircraft ai

Author Topic: aircraft ai
neilg
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 06:22 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

I`ve noticed a couple of things with the jet aircraft ai.
For one they don`t always behave like real planes, but I can understand that it is probably a modified version of the helo flight model.

for instance I saw an a-10 come into land, it got near the runway and was I guess about a 100 feet in the air, it then dropped at a very steep angle not far off vertical still nose on the horizon until it hit the ground and was fine, went to taxi etc, which looks weird but is not really that important for me.

The other thing which I thought was a bit silly though was that I was watching a pair of harriers go in for a FARP strike while I was on route to the same area. They got to the target area and were equiped with 4 rocket pods each and of course the aden cannons. They dove in steep on the target and opended up...with cannons!!??? pulled out of dive and went round for another try, meanwhile the sam battery nearby let loose a couple of missiles and a couple of su-33`s were on their way in and began to engage the harriers, one of which got splashed. The flight leader got round for another try and let loose with cannon again!! instead of his ample supply of rockets and then ended up getting splashed.

I hope razorworks readds this and doies something about it because when aircraft on your side don`t use weapons and tactics effectively they are making the campiagn harder for you through no fault of your own.
I hope the patch will take care of it.

On the whole this sim is wicked. Good work razorworks.

Neil

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.