my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C/H Wish List

Author Topic: C/H Wish List
Paul Roberts
Member # 232

posted 04-12-2000 06:18 PM     Profile for Paul Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe Flexman or someone else call tell us if any of these issues might be addressed. C/H is an extraordinary sim right out of the box, but even the best can be improved.

In my rough order of preference:

1) Fix bug that keeps fast movers from attacking player. (Planned for the patch, or so I hear.)

2) More active defensive AI. Sometimes it's far too easy to bushwack enemy helicopters when they are focused on their own mission.

3) Is the player's IR missile detection realistic? I thought that IR missiles could not be detected by any sort of RWR system. Perhaps the IR indicators on the RWR systems could (optionally) be eliminated, but the CPG would still call out "missile incoming" (simulating his good eyesight).

4) Less effective chaff and flares. So far I've never managed to hit anything at all with a Stinger.

5) Harder "hard" level. Perhaps make a quicker response time for enemy air units called in when the player is spotted? (I must admit I don't know what changes are involved in the difficulty levels now.)

6) Add no-cockpit view with floating MFDs for C/H birds. (Also planned for patch already.)

7) Faster head movement when padlocking. The neck swivel seems to crawl right now.

8) Add glass cockpit for Apache and Havoc. Also, the warning lights in the Apache and Havoc cockpits don't seem to work right now.

9) Put more distance between ground units in "cluster" formation.

10) Add CPG position for Apache and Havoc.

Any more ideas?

[This message has been edited by Paul Roberts (edited 04-13-2000).]

Renegade1-1
Member # 3512

posted 04-13-2000 02:15 PM     Profile for Renegade1-1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
11) Create own "Scout-Missions" (like in A-H)
12) Select "landing waypoint" of your own choice

------------------

Posts: 46 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SimFan
unregistered

posted 04-13-2000 03:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Would love to see following implemented:
-MultiPlayer Human 'Pilot/CoPilot' in 1 (same) chopper.
-More detailed (non-fuzzy) Apache and Havoc
graphics (fully working lights...)
-God's eye view on the map screen: click-and-view any spot anywhere (also non-objectives)
-Even better (enemy and allied) AI
That's about it I guess (besides the already
mentioned items)
Got to say again: love this sim!

IP: Logged
Cat
Member # 2285

posted 04-13-2000 06:23 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that you mention it...

I'd like more weapons for the Ka-52. They can also use Kh-25ML laser guided missiles and Kh-25MP anti-radar missiles. And RBK-250 and 500 bombs. And R-73 air to air missiles. And KMGU-2 canisters.

Anyone remember dropping real bombs with the Hind? What a hoot.

This is a pretty cool sim.

Miao, Cat

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-13-2000 07:06 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the topic...

Id like to see the ability to save your campaign automtically rather then having to manually type in a name each time you wish to save.

Also, a slider to adjust to voice sounds while at the map screen would be very nice. Damn it gets annoying. And if you ever crash..hehe :-| the radio comms are about twice as loud for a minute or so.

These are minor, but they're kinda the ones that get to you after a while.

You chaps above have posted some mint suggestions, almost all of which I have considered posting.

I cant get over how beautiful the terrain is on my card (annihaltor Pro 32mb ddr) especially in Sword in the Sand. You come flying over a moutain to be 1000 ft above valleys and crests below you, and coming up over a hill to be faced with an enormous 800 foot peek to climb over. Its sweet.

But im boasting and not bitching..sorry :-)

Dr. Claw
Member # 2576

posted 04-13-2000 11:32 PM     Profile for Dr. Claw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Accurate weapon modeling overall. Just how easy is it in real life to spoof a Stinger?

Also, although more work, broaden the communications ( and hence, the interplay )with your ground troops, artillery and tanks.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Claw (edited 04-18-2000).]

Mitsu
Member # 4263

posted 04-14-2000 12:56 AM     Profile for Mitsu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello.
I'm enjoying Comanche Hokum since bought it.
it's greatest helicopter simulations, but I wish Razorworks add the following points. :-)

1) Moving Ground force is often overlapping, please fix it (then they're very weak against missiles).

2) Radio Message is often repeating.

3) When PNVS turns ON, Trees are disappearing except palm trees.

4) In Multiplayer, when other players quit, themselves' ghosts are left.

5) No response when calling "Request Assistance".

6) Some roads and bridges slip in Taiwan theater.

7) Recon RAH-66 which attached empty stub wing often appears...it's weird.

8) ASE Page doesn't indicate threats in real time (I love ASE like a LB2).

9) Wingmen should engage enemy air units with cannon.

10) When I was flying over campaign map of A-H, I dropped in to friendly airbase for re-arming, but couldn't lower altitude in less than 45ft. should fix it.

11) CAP Fighter should not engage SAM/AAA when he's attacked by it.

12) Air control should tell me a wind direction when taking off and landing (example: surface wind 130 at 6kt)).

13) Ships should like to have cannon.

14) Wingman should open weapon bay when only firing missile.

15) Red SAM's counter attack response is too quick (I can't do surprise attack ;-)).

16) After fired hellfire, even if I got stealthy SAM is locking me and firing. I don't like this.

17) Soldier/MANPAD must not appear in Radar display!

18) Really need touchdown sound.

19) Weapon bay should support Manual/Auto modes! I don't like to open weapon bay automatically when stinger or hellfire selected, also Guns.

20) I hope Soldier/MANPAD is walking or deploying in FARP.

21) I want to download target list like LB2 from Wingmen or ABCCC.

22) Recon mission should change to system like LB2. it's very old-fashioned to approach target to 1km.

23) My target list should be sent to wingmen with flight group command any time (then I hope he fires missiles with LOAL mode).

24) Engine smoke should belch when engine is damaged or fired.

25) AAA (M-163 and 2S6) doesn't work?

-END-

any more ideas? and any opinions are welcome.

[This message has been edited by Mitsu (edited 04-14-2000).]

jus66
Member # 4211

posted 04-14-2000 04:25 AM     Profile for jus66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some further suggestions:
1. Enhance the terrain graphics (trees, rivers, roads, forests etc.)Although the graphics already look fine and are really fast, it could be better. For example, how about some kind of moving effect for the rivers.
2. Implement all the weapons comanche and hokum are supposed to use.
3. I would like to see dust or sand whirl through the air when flying or hovering near the ground. It would be a great effect. And it will give you a better feeling of how close you are to the ground.
4. Enhance the detail-level of the briefing maps.
5. Replace the sounds with better ones. The sound of the helicopter engine is quite alright. But the aircraft sound like a civilian jet.
6. Enhance the ai of the enemy helicopters. Sometimes you can fly past or behind them an they won't shoot the whole time (maybe it's a bug).
7. Increase the ability to fly sideways, and to turn the helicopter at medium speeds using the pedals (if the real helicopters can do so, what I believe).

Posts: 18 | From: Hennef - Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
maxmars
Member # 2469

posted 04-14-2000 06:32 AM     Profile for maxmars   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Re: Joystick sensitivity.

Why not just let the user use the mouse instead of the joystick hat? Works like a charm with MiG Alley (wish more sims had this feature! The analogic movements of the mouse are the only thing that comes close to your neck movements).

Pumping up the head movement speed alone wouldn't cut it, because you would lose precision with the small movements..

Max

Mitsu
Member # 4263

posted 04-14-2000 08:11 AM     Profile for Mitsu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In addition, I wish these radio commands are added in new patches:

1. Download Wingman/Control center's TGT Data to TSD.

2. Check (Damage/Weapons of Wingman) Status

3. Change Formation Space (Close Formation/Loose Formation, 2 pattern).

4. Send Target List (to Wingman).

5. Scan Arena (after that, wingman send me a TGT data)

Mitsu OUT.

Ozias
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 02:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the MFD TSD display, put markers on the contour lines to show the direction of the slope.

Maybe little little lines or triangles attached to each contour line at regular intervals, to show the direction of slope.

Yeah, I know, very minor...

Natter
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 05:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want a shoot list, where i can save 8 targets of my choice, like in F-22 ADF from DiD... thought Radar-Appaches and Comanches have this feature....
S|im
Member # 1377

posted 04-14-2000 08:25 PM     Profile for S|im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've noticed an occuring bug in the voice comms, there's one male, male, male ground force voice that will, that will, that will, that will repeat the same thing about 6-7 times i think he says 'this is ground control-this is ground control-this is ground control-this is ground control'..about 7 times. Should be easy to fix.

Also as stated above, the ability to hand off and download target lists. I think it would be great to see the ability to order your wingman to activate either air radar or ground as well. Though maybe more of a personal preference?! I usually always find myself going to air radar and staying masked at the target area and let my wingmen carry out the attack. And 7 times out of 10 if it wasnt for me having AR activated we would have been slammed from behind. Thing is I only get half as many kills this way :-| and I need that promotion to Major..my pension depends on it.

[This message has been edited by S|im (edited 04-14-2000).]

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-14-2000 09:31 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im getting a lock up using game commander ,it happens in the gui screen sometimes no curser at all and sometimes it will just lock solid causing a hard reboot it only started doing it when I run gc, also please let us turn down the volume of radio chatter its loud as hell

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-14-2000).]

Posts: 260 | From: ,Texas,usa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Predator0 Leader
Member # 4028

posted 04-15-2000 02:07 AM     Profile for Predator0 Leader     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yup, you said all these things, I've found too. I can only add:
- Jet pilots don't eject (it's a pity about the pilot)
- Some cockpits are fully detail (OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, AH-1W SuperCobra), you can even see the MFDs. Other cockpits are absolutely empty, even without dashboard (MiL Mi-24 Hind).

Posts: 12 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Natter
unregistered

posted 04-15-2000 08:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone else noticed this:
when you fire a missile (Hellfire or Vikhr) at an SAM Launcher, it will fire back exactly when u hit the pickle... just curious..

as for wish list:
I want a map screen like in Longbow 2 on which i can clearly see, where are the hills, etc. to place the waypoints correctly

Sabre8
Member # 1692

posted 04-15-2000 11:07 AM     Profile for Sabre8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ACMI
Posts: 337 | From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snake
Member # 696

posted 04-15-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK you guys seem to be putting me off this sim with about 50 different valid wishes! Whats up with this should I buy it or not?
Thanks

Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fishbed77
Member # 1035

posted 04-15-2000 12:07 PM     Profile for Fishbed77   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Buy it. It is the sim that has finally taken the crown away from Longbow 2. Notice that most of these criticisms are constructive ones aimed at making a great game only better. Realize also that many of the graphical problems are the result of old/poor drivers and are not the fault of the game.

[This message has been edited by Fishbed77 (edited 04-15-2000).]

Paul Roberts
Member # 232

posted 04-15-2000 12:13 PM     Profile for Paul Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Snake,

Personally, I recommend this game very highly--it's the most stable, well-designed helicopter sim since Longbow 2. In fact, it beats out LB2 as king of the genre.

Take a look at this list of wishes and notice how many of them are just little tweaks or expansions to make the game even better than it already is. (For example: "I want to be able to look into the cockpit of an AI-controlled Hind and see a tiny dashboard." A game-killer this is NOT.) I've played the game for about 15 hours so far, and I have not seen a crash, hang, or even a slow-down.

Go get it. C/H is the best available, a real labor of love. Plus, a first update for some of these issues will be out soon.

Snake
Member # 696

posted 04-15-2000 04:05 PM     Profile for Snake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just started to read reviews of this sim a few days ago and have wanted to buy it since. I could have today but I left my wallet at home!
I noticed how all the wishes are constructive. My last helo sim was Comanche 3 and LHX. (anyone remember that?)
I can't wait to get my hands on it.
BTW is there any place online you could get EECH and Apache Havoc?
Thanks

Posts: 144 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mitsu
Member # 4263

posted 04-15-2000 04:17 PM     Profile for Mitsu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snake, as other sim fans said, you should buy it.
I guess that this game is best flight simulator in 2000.

Falcon554
Member # 4286

posted 04-15-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for Falcon554   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered it from gameplay.com on 4-6-00 still waiting for it hopefully one monday.
BYW they only charged 48.00 on my credit card. Some people payed 55.00 for it.:d

Falcon

Posts: 7 | From: Bakersfield CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Paul Roberts
Member # 232

posted 04-16-2000 12:59 PM     Profile for Paul Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Another thing I'd like to see added in the patch: Give us the distance to the current waypoint on the HUD, even when we're in combat mode. Such a small tweak, but it would make a big difference in eyes-front flying.

Arrows2100
Member # 4297

posted 04-16-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for Arrows2100   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have noticed with cranes (in the cities), when you get too close, the tall metal "frame" dissapears! All that you can see is the cabin, the rear weight and the hook. You don't realise you are heading straight for the frame until you get the "Low Roter RPM" message and the "main rotar damaged" message, it cost me a new medal!
ricski
Member # 2349

posted 04-16-2000 04:01 PM     Profile for ricski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's my wishlist, based on one Sword in the Sand campaign...

Damage effects for your helo other than the rotors falling off. Smoke, bullet holes etc.

Swirling dust as you come in to land. (also mentioned in another post)

Manpads at FARPS. (also mentioned in another post)

More killable infantry. One group of blue soldiers resisted multiple Vikhr and rocket strikes, only being killed by cannon. Then the survivors just stood there (scratching their arses as they tend to do every 30 seconds ) for 2 days after I'd occupied the base they were standing in. Love the little boots left by blown apart manpads though!

Friendly forces fly airstrikes when you request them. Maybe just fly... At present no friendly fighter aircraft took off for three days until the battle was nearly over. Then 4 frogfeet went and flew continual OCA strikes against an airbase where there were no targets at all. An insertion mission was scheduled to go in to capture the base but a cycle of OCA strikes, BDAs and recons carried on until I won.

Supply aircraft should not drop just fuel. Watched several heavy and medium lift flights drop fuel to bases/FARPs that were already listed as 10% ammo 100% fuel. Ammo never dropped to any other bases either.

More effective Iglas please (are stingers equally awful?) for the rare occasions I don't want to carry S-8s.

Greater frequency of death when your Hokum is reduced to a charred shell. I didn't eject once (wrong keys mapped to my joystick) and in 14 missile hits, I died twice.

Autopilot often broken after refuel/rearm/repair cheat. You get engine overtorque messages usually.

Now all this is based on one Sword in the Sand campaign. I'm new to helo sims and this was really just a campaign for me to master the control of the helo. Now I have adequate control I've set difficulty to medium and am reflying the campaign, intending not to use any of the cheats. I'll let you know if any of these minor niggles persist. Please also take this as a wishlist, not a rant.... I love this game how it is, these are just some of the things I'd do to to make this sim perfect. I probably wouldn't have noticed some of them had there not been such an excellent view system either!

Richard

[This message has been edited by ricski (edited 04-16-2000).]

Posts: 106 | From: West Sussex, England | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cat
Member # 2285

posted 04-16-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the sim that, with its predecessor, has made this fixed-wing flier a rotorhead.

Don;t get me wrong. I liked Longbow 2. But there was something...that I just couldn't grasp about it. Yes, I loved the highly modeled avionics. But there were things about it that just drove me crazy. The 3-d cockpit just didn't *feel* right.

CH/AH changed all that...flying the Havoc all over Cuba was such a ball. And once you've seen a Comanche sneaking through Damascus International Airport in stealth mode at 1600 x 1200 resolution you will never, ever go back to being 15,000 feet over the action.

Everything I can think of is an improvement-not a bug fix. This is the most bug free sim I've seen since the old DiD days where Total Air War only needed one patch. The only thing I really hate isn;t Razorworks' fault-we're still waiting on our friends at Nvidia to do something about the GeForce not drawing lines right in TnL mode.

Besides more weapons for the Russians, here's some more things that'd be nice:

1) Cockpits for the Apache and Havoc that equal the Comanche and Hokum

2) Gunner's positions for Apache and Havoc

3) Ability to cycle the side displays on the Comanche

4) a standalone mission editor. The dynamic campaigns rule but sometimes you like to set up your own mission conditions.

5) More SAMs! I-HAWK, Patriot, SA-8, SA-10, SA-15. Especially SA-8 and 15-an army that ships out with SA-13 and SA-19 would have the others, wouldn't it? Though I can figure out why Razorworks did it the way they did; it is for play balance. And the IR SAM systems are the ones that helo pilots will see the most of.

6) I'd like to be able to let the Russkis be the good guys-go force-on-force with Russian equipment. Like Task Force Lebanon with the Russians as peacekeepers. It could happen...couldn't it?

Miao, Cat

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mitsu
Member # 4263

posted 04-17-2000 11:56 AM     Profile for Mitsu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Additional lists:

26) Guns should be not able to fire before guns are extended completely.

27) Rotor and transmission cutting function key should be added instead of CTRL+R which is cheat key (for manual auto rotation landing).

28) Soldier should fire rifle (I couldn't see it until now).

29) When I got lock with Air to Ground Missile, LOCK ON sound should be sounding.

30) All aircrafts should not light navlights in enemy territory.

31) when Player become unable to fly by any damage, after player quit it, AI aircraft should be not normal condition.

32) PNVS is too too dark.

33) I can't find a difference of DTV and FLIR (I know DTV doesn't work in night, it already simulated, but FLIR should be monochrome... is it wrong?).

34) when auto pilot is ON, wheel brake should be not engaged automatically.

35) When playing troop insertion mission, Mi-24 Hind doesn't open doors and take down gear. please fix it, yeah it's low priority but important!

36) When got overt orque, master caution light should be not lighting (I hope its warning is voice and engine over torque warning light only).

37) Divide each sounds for individual sound of apache, havoc, comanche, hokum.

[This message has been edited by Mitsu (edited 04-17-2000).]

Schurem
Member # 1345

posted 04-18-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for Schurem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am completely in luv with this here gem
i hated A-H, mebbe it was too hardcore for me, i don't know, maybe too sterile, but this one ROCK$!!
also, now i'm happy too that i once bought A-H
i cannot concur with most of the above nagging, as it is so f*ckin great as it is
BUT as this is the naggin thread, here's my two bits :

pls let the crew (and the chopper) bleed, eg show damage

------------------
I just LOVE the smell of NAPALM in the morning

Posts: 200 | From: nijmegen, netherlands | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dr. Claw
Member # 2576

posted 04-19-2000 08:20 PM     Profile for Dr. Claw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know if anyone connected to Razorworks will read the above posts/suggestions for C-H ( many of which I made to them when it was in the beta stage ), but you might want to get their attention by going to their website and email them. Let's hope they'll take notice and make an already very, very good sim into one in which we'll be completely blown away!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.