my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Empire will not send C/H to US any more

Author Topic: Empire will not send C/H to US any more
Stalker
Member # 3920

posted 04-12-2000 06:37 AM     Profile for Stalker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered C/H from Empire the other day and recieved a reply in e-mail today " thank you for your order for Enemy Engaged, but unfortunately we are
currently unable to export this game to the USA until distribution rights
have been arranged.

We will hold onto your order and contact you again as soon as the
situation has been resolved.

Many thanks for your patience.

Yours Sincerely
Claire O'Gorman - Empire Customer Services"

I usually wait for it to come out at the local stores. But after reading the posts here I decided to order it from across the pond. Bummer.....

CAVALRY "OUT FRONT!!!!!!"

Posts: 23 | From: U.S. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kerosene31
Member # 4075

posted 04-12-2000 07:33 AM     Profile for Kerosene31   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just ordered mine on Monday, and I received a confirmation telling me that the order is being processed. They must have recently changed? Bummer.
CBH
Member # 3266

posted 04-12-2000 08:44 AM     Profile for CBH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why isn't the game being released in USA 'til July? Normally it's us Europeans who have to wait while a game is released in the States first.
Posts: 38 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Member # 3230

posted 04-12-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Gill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Part of the reason I think is that they are "creating a need" market. Allowing the word to spread and creating an expectancy will result in higher sales when it debuts in N.America.
Iam sure there are other contributing factors but hype induced sales is a big one.
Although with this sim the end might justify the hype.
Hope so!!

[This message has been edited by Gill (edited 04-12-2000).]

Aron
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 01:12 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill:
Part of the reason I think is that they are "creating a need" market. Allowing the word to spread and creating an expectancy will result in higher sales when it debuts in N.America.
Iam sure there are other contributing factors but hype induced sales is a big one.
Although with this sim the end might justify the hype.
Hope so!!

[This message has been edited by Gill (edited 04-12-2000).]

Belivev me as an owner of CH, the hype is jsutified.

IP: Logged
claudise
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 07:04 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered it last Sunday night. I got a reply that they will process my order.

I hope I do not get another one saying the opposite

Rod
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 07:38 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Empire is not the only one in Europe
to export CH in the US ...
you can order it in France or UK ...

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-12-2000 08:09 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ive got 2 copies of C/H anybody wanna buy one?
Posts: 260 | From: ,Texas,usa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scoobe
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 08:15 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered the game last Friday from Empire and got an email saying my order would be processed. I hope I got it in just under the cut off. (when ever that was). I sent them another email asking if my order will still be sent if it wasnt already.
I cant wait until July! Its not fair!

Robert

Gill
Member # 3230

posted 04-12-2000 08:21 PM     Profile for Gill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
skip, are you serious?
I surely want one if you are.
[email protected]

Cat
Member # 2285

posted 04-12-2000 08:34 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude. That stinks.

I'm glad I ponied up for the game when I did. It is worth it. Even with the GEforce Comanche intermittent texture corruption.

Which doesn't affect Russki choppers. Which, oddly, are ALL I CAN FLY AND FIGHT CONSISTENTLY!! Made Captain in my third mission in a Ka-52. Two Red Banners, an Order of Lenin, and a Gold Star (the last won when my Weapons Free wingmen inadvertently got medieval on two Perry-class frigates and a Tarawa class transport). In the Comanche, I've managed to get killed twice by about ten thousand SAMs, whack a friendly Apache who wandered into my line of fire, crashland while backpedaling once and fail one mission while racking up one Air Medal and two Purple Hearts.

Something tells me I was meant to fly for the Reds.

Miao, Cat

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BGatot
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 08:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh great. There's 3 new helo sim released, and the one I decided to get (mainly based on previous experience with Apache/Havoc) is delayed coming to the US. Oh well...

Now among the remaining two, which one should I get?

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-12-2000 09:05 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im runnin it at 1600/1200 it gets smoother at hi rez on a geforce ?

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-12-2000 09:09 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GILL: did you get my email?all I want is what I paid,plus shippin, dont need 2 copies

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-12-2000).]

scoobe
unregistered

posted 04-13-2000 08:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After reading about the fact that they are not shipping to the US anymore, I sent then an email asking if my order (placed last Friday) would still go out. I got a response this morning from them stating my order just squeezed out in time and is already in the mail. Very fast service, I must say. I thing april 10th was the cutoff. I would think if you ordered it over the weekend, you should be ok.

Robert

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-13-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
STILL HAVE AN EXTRA COPY OF C/H ANYONE WANNA BUY IT?

[This message has been edited by skip (edited 04-13-2000).]

dreamflyr
Member # 2893

posted 04-13-2000 04:24 PM     Profile for dreamflyr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skip,

If its still available, I am interested. Email me at [email protected] and let me know the price. thanks

Posts: 17 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ericahls
Member # 3980

posted 04-15-2000 12:09 PM     Profile for ericahls   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ordered mine Apr 4th and recieved mine yesterday Apr 14. Took exactly 10 days and $57 us

Eric

Posts: 62 | From: maryland | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Plato
Member # 4138

posted 04-17-2000 12:33 AM     Profile for Plato   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dreamflyr:
Skip,

If its still available, I am interested. Email me at [email protected] and let me know the price. thanks

Saw your offer, I want it. Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected], ASAP. An offer worth considering.

Ken

Posts: 6 | From: Chandler, Az, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Plato
Member # 4138

posted 04-17-2000 12:37 AM     Profile for Plato   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skip did you get my last msg?

This is Plato. If you have another copy email ASAP.
[email protected]
or, [email protected]

Plato
Member # 4138

posted 04-17-2000 12:41 AM     Profile for Plato   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rod:
Empire is not the only one in Europe
to export CH in the US ...
you can order it in France or UK ...

Can you send a web addr to [email protected] or,
[email protected]?

skip
Member # 1470

posted 04-17-2000 01:42 AM     Profile for skip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PLATO:

sorry already sent it back,to many tightwads on this board wanted me to sell it for less than I paid?

sKiGhDoC
unregistered

posted 04-18-2000 11:03 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try HMV.uk.com
i got it there last week and confrimed its on the way to Texas!

sKiGhDoC
unregistered

posted 04-18-2000 11:09 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhh
f***ed up the url! here ya go:
http://www.hmv.co.uk/

enjoy!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.