my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » CH & shades of Tornado

Author Topic: CH & shades of Tornado
jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 04-11-2000 01:25 PM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In addition to being an excellent simulation, CH shows references to 'Tornado'
The 1st thing noticed was the way the map is displayed in the cockpit and in the menues.
....the numbering system for waypoints...etc
...nice to see that perhaps the true heir to the 'Tornado legacy' might very well be Razorworks.

Posts: 433 | From: charlottesville Va usa | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
secks
unregistered

posted 04-11-2000 03:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes, I completely agree. Also, the object detail is reminiscient of Tornado .. I was surprised to see many similarities between Tornado's and CH's oil refinery models. One thing I would like to see in CH are trains and lighting for buildings at night .. totally dark cities are pretty silly looking.
IP: Logged
Ozias
unregistered

posted 04-11-2000 05:47 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably because Razorworks is made up from a number of ex-Digital Integration employees, who worked on Tornado....

IP: Logged
jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 04-11-2000 06:10 PM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes there are former employees from DI that are now in Razorworks.(that was what i referring to... that the real Heir to Tornadao is Razorworks, not DI...Razorworks now seems like the more likely of the two to
come up with a worthy successor) although i doubt it would happen.

Posts: 433 | From: charlottesville Va usa | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.