my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » Gunship! - no precision aiming for pilot?

Author Topic: Gunship! - no precision aiming for pilot?
turner111
Member # 4200

posted 04-11-2000 08:44 AM     Profile for turner111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have been trying (in the training mission - the first one where ground targets are engaged) to aim from the pilot's seat. I get to the first waypoint, hover, and hit the "I" key to activate whatever mode that's called (the one with the semi- or completely transparent cockpit). After zooming in, I have only EXTREMELY coarse aimining ability - when I move the hat on my joystick, the aim jumps what is probably the equivalent of 20 yards. In other words, I can't aim at a target - I have no fine aiming control. AAAAARRRGH.

Please, please tell me there is a way for the pilot to aim accurately, manually, without help from the gunner.

Thanks,

Andrew

Posts: 8 | From: mount laurel, nj, us | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 04-11-2000 12:38 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you tried holding down the number 2 stick button and trying this? Maybe hold the number 2 button down and move the whole stick instead of the tophat. This may work.

[This message has been edited by Shataan (edited 04-11-2000).]

turner111
Member # 4200

posted 04-11-2000 01:21 PM     Profile for turner111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, I will try that!

Have you been able to do this? Or anything similar?

Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by Shataan:
Have you tried holding down the number 2 stick button and trying this? Maybe hold the number 2 button down and move the whole stick instead of the tophat. This may work.

[This message has been edited by Shataan (edited 04-11-2000).]

Posts: 8 | From: mount laurel, nj, us | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 04-11-2000 01:50 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, just tired it, and yes, if you are piloting and zooming in after pressing "I" till the cockpit disappears, yes the movement of the heli you are still piloting will make precision aiming hard.
I zoomed out at far as possible, and held the stick number 2 button, and was easily able to precision pan and shoot with the cannon.
I rarely if ever use the hatswitch myself. Hope this was helpful. <S>

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.