my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C/H and Win2k Probs

Author Topic: C/H and Win2k Probs
PikAs
Member # 2600

posted 04-11-2000 06:47 AM     Profile for PikAs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
when i run Comanche Hokum in Win2k i get no sound in the menus and (more important) my CH Throttle Pro doesnt work...
It is working in Falcon 4.0 with no problems.
Someone can get me a hint?

and i dont want a discussion about Win2k is good or bad for games, i just need a solution for my Problem...

Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 04-11-2000 06:52 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried AH in win2K and it didn't like it at all, I haven't bothered with CH as I was expecting the same thing, One thing I have noticed is that CH uses the Win2K installshield!

Post back if you get it working, but I don't think it was designed to run under 2000!

Posts: 433 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Richard 'Flexman' Hawley
Member # 55

posted 04-11-2000 07:18 AM     Profile for Richard 'Flexman' Hawley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry, help is on the way.

A soon to be released update fixes the Win2000 throttle issue.

Posts: 396 | From: West Yorkshire, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Eric W.
unregistered

posted 04-11-2000 07:24 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So glad to hear that a new sim actually runs under win 2000. Now, if only the rest of the developers will wake up and smell the coffee. It would also be nice for new sims to be coded for smp.

Eric

IP: Logged
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 04-11-2000 07:42 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flex,

Does this patch allow AH to run in win2K as well or just CH. Or is it just for the throttle?

Just asking as I prefer to run in 2000, but I don't see the point if I cant have AH as well!

Ceebee

Posts: 433 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
PikAs
Member # 2600

posted 04-11-2000 08:32 AM     Profile for PikAs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thank u all, that was a quick response
and its good news that the throttle will be fixed in a patch...

once again, thx

goanna
Member # 1639

posted 04-12-2000 10:51 PM     Profile for goanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acutally Eric, there are many games which run under Win2K. Head over to ntcompatible.com, look under the "games" link and check them out. Some examples are Janes F-15, Falcon 4, EAW (with a patch) Q3, UT, Rouge Spear, Flanker 2 etc tec.
Posts: 427 | From: QLD Australia | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.