my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » I made Major in CH

Author Topic: I made Major in CH
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 04-11-2000 02:41 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, Just like to say I'm having a blast with CH, To such a degree I hate coming to work as my mind is always flying it! I managed a hour lastnight before the wife got home,

Here's how it went. I took a four ship of commanches on a recon mission as intel said there was increased traffic at such and such map reference, I didn't take me long before I was at the RP as it was close to the FARP, As I got there I over flew a Enermy FARP that intel didn't know about so I took the opertunity to destroy it! on the pads were two Hokum Bs so they went the journey! So I continued on my original mission. I got to the RP and transmitted the recon data. I got my flight to hold position while I decided what I was going to do! after about two minutes I changed one of my waypoints to Mae Hongsong airbase and decided to do a recce. On the way there I was buttoned down and flew straight past two Hokum and Two Havocs, and asked my flight to engage my targets, they did respond but I'd left them in the hold position 20 clicks away. Doh! So I let them fly by so I was behind them, killed them and asked my flight to rejoin formation.

As I got closer to the airbase I set down just outside the radar coverage to wait until my flight had caught up. When they did I picked the targets for each wingman, the base had scrambled its helos (nice touch) and they took out 1-2 and 1-3. After all hell fire were away I vectored to W (home) and got out as fast as I could. When I got home I was blasted for having a cowboy attitude and in the next breath given the DFC and a promotion to Major!

This sim rocks!

With my attacking the base its generated SEAD missions! So if I have time tonight its back to the airbase to make them pay for 1-2, 1-3

Posts: 433 | From: Northumberland, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hoverstorm
Member # 1191

posted 04-11-2000 10:37 AM     Profile for Hoverstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great story. Make them pay! I'm currently having a blast in the Comanche recon loadout with 6 internal 114L's. I look for unsuspecting Hip, Hook and Hind's - lase them with FLIR - and let those Hellfires rip. Get's them every time. And when they bunch up I often get two helos with one Hellfire. OTOH hitting with Stingers is very difficult. So far I've fired 15 Stingers and only hit with two!

Anyway - great stuff.

Hoverstorm

Posts: 185 | From: Trondheim, Norway | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Laphter
Member # 2013

posted 04-11-2000 12:34 PM     Profile for Laphter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awwwwwww Mannnnnnnn!

My copy came in the mail today so I haven't had a chance to engage!! Course my biggest hurdle isn't the Red side so much as it's the aforementioned wife's red face!!! Lol

Good story, can't wait!!

Posts: 208 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TetsuBo
Member # 330

posted 04-11-2000 01:17 PM     Profile for TetsuBo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trust me, you havn't seen anything until you've played a good multi session.
One guy does a bob-up amnouver and the other dowloads the target list.
I had a great time ambushing a FARP, Enforcer scanned for targets and I stayed behind cover lobbing hellfires in LO-AL mode.

You gotta love this sim, eh guys?

------------------
I am TetsuBo, eater of cookies and souls

Posts: 127 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 04-11-2000 02:48 PM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well The base is now mine!! I went after it again while doing a recce on FARP 30, After I got back I noticed BDA flight was enroute (I love those Supercobras) and they reported the base was out of action, But I noticed as they flew over the runway there was a Havoc on one of the pads, I was kinda disapointed when they didn't engage, After they had reported an insertion mission was tasked! I watched as the Blackhawks landed smack in the middle of the runway (watching the troops exit is something else). The Havoc started its engines and took off?? It was like the pilot went "sod this I'm going home I haven't been paid for 6 months"

I've got to try multiplayer!

I would give my money to RazorWorks tomorrow for the next installment in this series, if its Blackhawk/Hind then that would do for me (would would perfer the Supercobra/?)
seriously if RazorWorks needed money to make the next one then I really would send my 30

Ceebee

Hoverstorm
Member # 1191

posted 04-11-2000 08:40 PM     Profile for Hoverstorm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok - now this was a weird one: Strike mission towards an armored column in Lebanon. Approx 5km from the strike zone I popped up and sweeped once on ground radar picking up a lot of dots! Going to high threat mode only one little triangle remained. Locked up with Hellfires and the CP/G reports infantry!? Hit F6 and one infantryman with a Stinger (or whatever the russian equivalent is) appears beside two stone buildings. Since I fly the AH-64 with 16 Hellfires on this one I decide to let one rip just for kicks. When the explosion dies off only two combat boots (one standing and one tipped over) remained of the poor soul.

War is hell...
Hoverstorm

Posts: 185 | From: Trondheim, Norway | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ceebee
Member # 1216

posted 04-12-2000 01:52 AM     Profile for Ceebee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, I'll have to look for that next time I grease some infantry.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.