my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C-H Aficionados. Help a Southern girl?

Author Topic: C-H Aficionados. Help a Southern girl?
Cat
Member # 2285

posted 04-10-2000 06:57 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed that you cannot see the FLIR image in the MFDs unless you're in the old Apache or Havoc and the game is at 640/480.

What's up with that? I do prefer the Havoc so it is no biggie, but gee, you'd think you could see the dang FLIR image.

Frankly, I believe it has something to do with the 3-D cockpits. When you toggle the MFD closeup the surrounding graphics go to 2d and you can see the FLIR image. Ick. Gee, I'm glad we still have access to the Havoc. At 640/480 things still look pretty good and it's a lot more useful for me to be able to see what's on the FLIR from a heads up view.

Flexman, is there any chance the programmers can fix this? It'd sure make the 3-D cockpits more useful. Also, the 3-D only hi-res cockpit on the Havoc doesn;t have any gauge needles. Since it's an all-analog cockpit that kind of makes things difficult at any res over 640. Any chance of a fix there?

BTW-Wow. This's a good sim. It is really hard to fly with crosscoupling off.

Miao, Cat

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 04-10-2000).]

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-10-2000 08:02 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me guess, you have a V2 card right?

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cat
Member # 2285

posted 04-10-2000 08:24 PM     Profile for Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Enforcer:
Let me guess, you have a V2 card right?

Enforcer.

Er...no. GEForce 256. Hmm. You know, you've given me an idea. It's picking what to use randomly. Wonder if it's picking the wrong setup?

...edited later...

Well, I'll be a monkey's Aunt Fanny. By God, it was using my V2 setup and not the GeForce. What about that. Boy howdy, there is a honkin' difference when you're on GeForce power. Hey-you can whack the baddies from WAY far away with a Vikhr. I had to always get up close and personal with Atakas. This has opened up whole new vistas. Thank you, sir! You're my white knight.

Miao, Cat

Cat

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 04-10-2000).]

Posts: 184 | From: La Florida-U.S of A, | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-10-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe..

Glad you worked it out.

Enforcer.

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.