my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » For those of you who have flown KA-52 TA (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: For those of you who have flown KA-52 TA
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 04-10-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I need a little help here. I am making up a detailed list of bugs for the people at SIMIS to bring to their boss so we can get them patched. I don't want any types of flames etc.. just two lists. The top list needs to be bugs that must be fixed in your view and the second is things you would like to see done. Please be as detailed as you can be since it will save me lots of work

------------------
Z

Posts: 374 | From: Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
IvanHoe
Member # 1747

posted 04-10-2000 07:54 AM     Profile for IvanHoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zero G,

Since I just got it, I have only found three items.

1. Cannot control throttle via stick or keyboard during Takeoff training mission.
2. Cannot fire controlled weapons during Controlled Weapons training mission.
3. Horrible shimmer of cockpit (especially the HUD) while in 3D cockpit view. I running a PIII 550E @ 733MHz but only a TNT1 (video card may be my problem here).

Posts: 27 | From: Grayslake, IL - USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
IvanHoe
Member # 1747

posted 04-10-2000 07:55 AM     Profile for IvanHoe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and I am running your improved Flight Model patch.
Posts: 27 | From: Grayslake, IL - USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 04-10-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have found a couple of issues but nothing that inhibits the game in the least. One, the game does not like the Vortex card alot. Well, actually I was running the reference drivers in my MX300, so a different driver may be trouble free. The only problem was the sound on the opening movie was unintelligible. If I went into the Control Panel>Multimedia>Audio and turned the hardware acceleration down to zero, the opening movie was fine, but the in-game sound cracked and popped. I tried to run the settings normally and disable the 3d Hardware acceleration for sound in the launcher and game, but this did not work. I removed the card, stuck it in my backup system, and bought a new Soundblaster Live XGamer. Everything runs great with or without audio hardware acceleration. The other bug is graphics related. If I use the new 5.08 or newer 5.13 Detonator drivers for my Annihilator Pro, then I see unusual textures in the menu screens and the game will exit to desktop while I am flying if I attempt to go to use the F series keys for external view, missle view, Full Screen MFD view, etc. The game runs perfectly on previous versions of the Detonator. It must be stated that these are new drivers from nVidia to enable OpenGL and D3D FSAA and have shown themselves to be unstable in a few other titles as well. KA52 has incredible potential. I run it on both my systems and other than the opening movie sound issue with the MX300, the game has not crashed or locked up once. Game, game sound in hardware and software, and game graphics are perfect on my Soundblaster. My backup graphics card is a Diamond 770 Ultra TNT2 and it is smooth on that card as well. On my Primary system, I run the game in 32bit in 1280X1024 and it is extremely solid. As far as support I emailed both of these problems to GT on a Friday and solved the problem over the weekend. But come Monday morning, I received two responses from Tech Support over the issues. That type of immediate reply on the next working day is admirable. The above mentioned issues are minor as I can easily run the 3.77 Detonators. The game has a better potential for long term play than any helicopter sim I have flown because the core part of the game - something a patch does not alter - is so very well done. Thanks for your work on this project Zero G.

[This message has been edited by Hatchet (edited 04-10-2000).]

Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Keyser Soze
Member # 3958

posted 04-10-2000 10:00 AM     Profile for Keyser Soze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zero G:
I need a little help here. I am making up a detailed list of bugs for the people at SIMIS to bring to their boss so we can get them patched. I don't want any types of flames etc.. just two lists. The top list needs to be bugs that must be fixed in your view and the second is things you would like to see done. Please be as detailed as you can be since it will save me lots of work

Thanks Z, as I mentioned earlier, any information on issues is greatly appreciated.

Neil

------------------
Neil Soane
Project Director
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
(Simis & GlassGhost studios)

Posts: 13 | From: Godalming, England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 04-10-2000 10:32 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Itīs not a bug, but could the Guys at Simis please, please add some better Graphics for the Rocket-Smoketrails ? They are looking so ugly and they are too short, so you often canīt see where the missile is flying.
I donīt know how to make such a wonderfull
Terrain and such ugly smoketrails - that doesnīt fit together.

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eric W.
unregistered

posted 04-10-2000 10:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had some strange graphic things going on with the helicopter in external view during deathmatch.

Vortex 2 card as everyone knows has problems.

I would like to see an air-air intercept mission with randomnly generated starting positions put in so we can do some helo-helo action as it is hard to find multiplayer games. For the missions that currently exist it would be nice to be able to set time/weather for the missions.

Last, a another obviuosly desired feature is a mission editor.

Eric

IP: Logged
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-10-2000 01:14 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't gotten really deep into it yet but the closest thing I've seen to a bug so far is the lack of complete documentation (I still don't know what the "Track" button does...)
As to what I would like to see:
1) Mission editor.
2) Random mission generator (perhaps you could select the type of mission being generated: anti-armor, anti-air, rescue, etc)
3) A button to make the analog intruments full view just like the MFDs.
4) Make the little "cheat radar" available on the cockpit HUD.
5) Sounds for when chaff & flares are launched (so you *know* they've been launched...)
6) Longer missile & rocket contrails.
7) Probably impossible but how about a mission flight recorder (like in the old Gunship 2000) so you could record your flights and share your successes (and failures) with your friends.
8) Variable AI difficulty.
I'll add more as I think them up, thanks ZG!...
Tomac

[This message has been edited by Tomac (edited 04-10-2000).]

Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 04-10-2000 01:44 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love this sim, but the flight model really needs work. I appreciate Z's enhanced FM patch and would like to see it worked on further (by either Z or Simis). It would be nice to have a more fluid FM. This is the only gripe I have because this is really the most important feature to me.

Snowman

Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 04-10-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ZeroG,

Ok, here's my list :

Most important of all : The deadzone issue and a bit of flight model refinement.

Bugs :
1. Two Graphics card in system, TNT2 and Voodoo2, Voodoo2 is chosen as the optimum card, selecting TNT2 manually leads to CTD
2. When Shkval Fullscreen = off, CTD when Ground radar MFD is selected
3. Wingmen frequently crash into player, e.g. after Ctrl-1 (or 2,3,4,5) and "Attack my target" command.
4. Frequent keyboard lockups.
5. Vikhr sometimes shoots in the "desert" although shoot cue is present.

Wishlist :
1. Acknowledgement of wingmen selection and WO commands. Example : WO gets Priority to primary (Key J), but doesn't acknowledge.
2. Mission generator

Thanks for your effort !
Jackal

Zed
Member # 64

posted 04-10-2000 03:50 PM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey if you want additions, why don't you read that paper i wrote for GT. There is enough in there to get you started.

Z

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zero G
Member # 311

posted 04-10-2000 04:09 PM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok I will take a read, did I miss a post that you gave the address or link to it on?

How about e-mailing it to me

[email protected]

------------------
Z

Zed
Member # 64

posted 04-10-2000 04:19 PM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops! sorry that was not for you that was for the Kuju guy...i was told Ella got it..

Z

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BBall
Member # 733

posted 04-10-2000 04:55 PM     Profile for BBall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the effort Z,

Has anyone else noticed this? Don't know if it smacks of a memory leak or what, but after (usually) three missions, the FPS slow down considerably. Turns into a jerky mess.

System:
PII 450
256 SDRAM
Viper 770 TNT2

Anyone?

BBall

Eric W.
unregistered

posted 04-10-2000 04:59 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have ordered wingman to return to base (campaign missions)and they just stay with me damaged more or shot down. Needs fixing.

Also, in campaign missions I have orderd wingmen to attack air defense units and/or tanks and they just fly around overhead. I don't know if they are out of ammo, weapons damaged, or just bad wingmen AI. Needs fixing if AI.

Eric

Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 04-10-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BBall,
What soundcard are you using? There have been similar problems in other games generated buy older soundblaster drivers. The longest we have run the game for in one sitting is just at 3 hours with no signs of slowdown. There has to be a reason though for your problem.

Posts: 48 | From: 5th Special Forces Ft Campbell Ky | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 04-10-2000 07:14 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only "bugs" I have encountered are instability/visual anomalies with Nvidia 5.08 and 5.13 drivers, and the mysterious "memory leak" (what are those, anyway?) that causes loss of FPS after several missions. (Not always, however.)

What I'd like to see:

A mission editor. (Complex, simple, anything!)

Better smoke and weapons impact effects. (For misses, anyway.)

Joystick/keyboard remappability. (Is that a word?)

Greater than a 180-degree FOV in the cockpit. (I know you can't check your six - how about your four?)

Mouse panning with padlock/designate functions mappable to mouse buttons. (I wish every sim had this as an option.)

Wingmen selection and WSO order acknowledgement.(Good idea, Jackal!)

Thanks, Zero G, for your work on improving this sim!

K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 04-10-2000 07:24 PM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After about 10 minutes into the game, if I switch to external view, in single play, the game will lock up. Before this, it's fine, I can change views without anything unexpected going on. All drivers are updated. Box Specs are:
K6/2 500
128MB RAM
ATI Rage Turbo AGP
Diamond Monster Voodoo 2 12MB
Soundblaster Live! Value

------------------
Shoot - Move - Communicate

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-10-2000 09:35 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only "bug" i wanna see fixed is the overly stable hover thing.

Someone mentioned the video issues with the 5.08 and 5.13 drivers though, might I remind that those are "leaked" beta drivers and that you probably shouldn't be using them anyhow. If you ARE you SHOULD expect problems.

Hatchet
Member # 4103

posted 04-10-2000 09:49 PM     Profile for Hatchet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes they are leaked drivers. Leaked under the direct supervision of the development team at nVidia. Often leaked drivers become "official" drivers without changes. They are released, and based on feedback, they may or may not be changed. Leaked 5.14 drivers are due this week as well as a new "official" OEM version. Both for Win9X. If the driver does exhibit a difficulty, we must move now to inform all parties of the problems. If nVidia decides to take a direction in driver development, one that results in conflicts with particular titles, we must begin to affect the process now. With all respect to other points of view in this matter, we must use the newer versions. We must be aware they are beta but we must also test them ourselves and report any issues. Otherwise we are doomed to be satisfied with a decision we had the power to affect but chose not to act upon. I personally have visited the nVidia driver page where there is a feedback form and reported specifics concerning those drivers. But more people must act likewise. Always be careful to point out there are various anomilies with several titles. It is best if a way is discovered for KA52 to operate with later versions. I have been able to play TA with the 5.14 versions - for a short time before the game crashed - and the Full Screen Anti-Aliasing those drivers provide make TA incredibly beautiful on my Annihilator Pro. Conflicts with the newer versions need to be reported so that a fix other than "Use older drivers" can be found. While I find it easy to switch versions some other persons needing to load the latest versions may be loathe to revert and because of this be less likely to buy or support the title.

[This message has been edited by Hatchet (edited 04-10-2000).]

Keyser Soze
Member # 3958

posted 04-11-2000 02:25 AM     Profile for Keyser Soze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zed:
oops! sorry that was not for you that was for the Kuju guy...i was told Ella got it..

Z

Hi Z,

Unfortunately when Ella left us for pastures new she didn't make me aware of this document. If you can email directly to me at [email protected] and I'll take a look.

Many thanks for the effort and support, as a company we always appreciate the drive and belief that the users have in our titles.

Hear from you soon,

Best regards

Neil

------------------
Neil Soane
Project Director
Kuju Entertainment Ltd
(Simis & GlassGhost studios)

Posts: 13 | From: Godalming, England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shadowcat
unregistered

posted 04-11-2000 03:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JA wrote:
> the mysterious "memory leak" (what are those, anyway?)

In a nutshell, a memory leak is when a program allocates some memory (e.g. creating a temporary data structure of some kind) and doesn't de-allocate that memory after it has finished with it. If the routine in question is executed repeatedly, it's possible for a lot of memory to be 'lost' to these structures which will never be used again, but can't be recycled. (Until the program is exited entirely, and the OS cleans everything up :)

Corky4
Member # 2649

posted 04-11-2000 05:56 AM     Profile for Corky4   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As mentioned above, cockpit shimmy. Almost unable to read hud. Take it out of 3D mode and everything is fine. 3DFX 3000, 128 meg ram. Also have an occassional sound stutter or pause. Creative labs ensoniq 128, plane and simple. No other sims display this type of behavior....ergo a bug?

Thanks,

Corky4

Posts: 29 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aldo
Member # 2259

posted 04-11-2000 08:03 AM     Profile for Aldo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bugs:

1) Multiplayer Coops tend to lock up when one player is shot down or crashes. This needs to be looked into. Head-to-head allows regeneration O.K. but H2H is very limited compared to Coops.

2) With sound acceleration set to "standard" in window control panel and 3D sounds in game set to "on" or "off" voice messages are not always heard. I had to set hardware acceleration to standard to keep pilot/WO/wingman voices from "echoing" while running the sim. I have a Quazilla with latest drivers.

3) Wingman have a tendancy to "bounce" up and down while waiting at a point. This is not a "bob-up" but rather looks more like a pack of fleas swirling around in the air attempting not to collide with one another. They should, IMHO, hold some type of hover formation or orbit formation depending upon their assigned attitude, the terrain, and the enemy situation. The constant "bouncing and swirling" detracts from the simulation experience. Wingman and other flights do fine when following their set routes and mission in most other cases.

4) No data provided on employing the 500kg bombs and no way to "practice" with them in training missions. Very little data provided on attacking employing with any of the weapons really, other than suggesting to hit armor targets in the flank or rear.

5) As far as smoke trails go...if the burn time has been set to emulate the real rockets burn time, then I'm O.K with that...if not...fix it.

Wish List:

1) Mission editor
2) Ability to alter weapons loadout for training missions prior to takeoff for weapons proficiency training.
3) Ability to select your loadout when landing at an ASRP. This just makes sense. It could be a way of allowing weapons changes in "Instant action"
4) Some company provided way to find other Multi-player matches. Right now we are slogging through the WWW trying to find each other.

Regards..
Aldo

Crazy F
Member # 4216

posted 04-11-2000 05:41 PM     Profile for Crazy F   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a problem with the game ka52:TA.
When I enter the mission in 30 seconds more or less the begins to have problems...repeat it self...donīt enter normal...and the game loss the frame rate totaly...it became impossible to play...can anybdy help me ??

Zero Cool
unregistered

posted 04-12-2000 12:05 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh dear!...
http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/gdreview/zones/reviews/pc/apr00/ta.html

Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-12-2000 01:15 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Items:
Bugs: Lost use of my landing gear while over an ARSP in the instant action mission. It went up okay but wouldn't come back down during the rest of the mission (made for interesting refuelling and rearming...)
My rotor sound also quit suddenly about 1.5 hours into the mission even though all other sounds seemed present (I'm using a Diamond Monster Sound MX300 w/DirectSound Acceleration disabled).
W/O voice sometimes stutters.
Not sure if this is a bug or ZGs FM: After losing my right engine entirely I could hover but it was difficult to build up forward speed. Tried dumping ordnance by firing it hoping to lose weight in improve handling but I could discern no difference. The FM should account for the handling/performance at different weights.
Thx, ZG! How long until the new FM? (Enquiring minds want to know...)
Tomac

Addendum: Make the MFDs visible in the "no cockpit" HUD display ala' Gunship.

[This message has been edited by Tomac (edited 04-12-2000).]

Schurem
Member # 1345

posted 04-12-2000 04:30 PM     Profile for Schurem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can anyone say Matrox G400...
*starts steaming*
can anyone say bump mapping?....
*goes red*
is there any point in prerelease info?....
*explodes*

morale: pleeeeeeeeeeEEEEEse put back in the rippling water

Posts: 200 | From: nijmegen, netherlands | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Curious
Member # 2225

posted 04-13-2000 09:01 AM     Profile for Curious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The review in Games Domain pretty much tells the sad story. I noticed that the review here in combatsim.com (at least in part 1) didn't even mention the fm, which is arcadish at best. IMHO you have to play it to believe it.
Posts: 10 | From: Broomfield, CO USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 04-14-2000 03:17 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sim has so much potential, but the FM really needs to be corrected. Yes I have Z's enhancer, but I know it can be much better, right? (no offence Z, your update does make it tolerable) Can this really be achieved with a patch or will Simis back out of redoing it because of cost issues? It would be really nice to see them fix this as I'm
sure it would please almost everybody and possibly increase revenues once the GOOD reviews start pouring in about the corrected FM. I really hope they can correct this because it would be on my favorites list for sure! PLEASE.....PLEASE.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, how about touching up the smoke trails too?

Snowman

Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 04-14-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, double posted.
I Hate that.
Snowman

[This message has been edited by Snowman (edited 04-14-2000).]

Chairman
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 06:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone having trouble with the "Follow Me" command? Sometimes I hear the radio voice say "Follow me" and other times I hear what sounds like "Break Formation". I have to keep issuing the follow me command until my flight responds. Whats up with that?

Also, once any of your team mates land at home base is there any way you can get them back in the air?

I'm running on a Celeron 450, 64 mb, V770 with a Sound Blaster 16.

Wish List

1. Mission Editor to create missions
2. Better FM
3. Smarter AI

JA
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 06:24 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The keypress seems to toggle between "follow me" and "break formation". I have not yet thoroughly investigated how carefully and closely they follow and what exactly they do if told to break formation.
Zen
unregistered

posted 04-14-2000 06:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sound-stuttering must be fixed. The MX300 is already mentioned, but my Crystal CS4237b behave the same way. Alot of stuttering, and sometimes a total slowdown/stuttering in the middle of the missions, that correct itself in a couple of minutes.
Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-14-2000 08:18 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While flying the Instant Action Mission and watching a target tank in the Shkval while a Vihkr ATGM is on the way I see what appears to be *oil drums* blowing away from the tank on impact. WTF???
Also, the random number generator that affects weapon accuracy seems to go to extremes. Ex: When flying the Instant Action mission there's an infantry position and 2 BTRs just outside the airfield. I can go straight up in a hover until I acquire and then one of two things happens: either I hit & eliminate the targets with my first rds of 80mm or 30mm or I can't seem to hit without expending nearly all my ordnance.
Tomac

[This message has been edited by Tomac (edited 04-14-2000).]

Zero G
Member # 311

posted 04-15-2000 02:56 AM     Profile for Zero G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the stuff guys, keep them coming as all info is helpfull to the developers.

For the guys thinking that the cockpit shake is a bug, it's not. It is a very nice feature that tells you that you are going to fast and the rotors are going to blow off if you don't watch out. It's added SA since you are on a computer and can't feel the start of the RBS.

I have the first list built and ready for the team, I am ready to add to it any time there is more stuff given.

------------------
Z

Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-15-2000 10:18 AM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Darn it, ZG! Now you've got me spending more time in Ka-52 TA looking for bugs than for targets!
To amend my earlier post about seeing oil drums fly away from a tank target I see the oil drums fly away at the moment of Vikhr launch, not at impact.
Also: I've noticed a number of times that rockets, missiles and cannon fire don't impact the target when I have a clear field of fire and sufficient altitude. When this happens the ordnance seems to impact a short distance in front of the target (as observed from the F5 "View Targeted Enemy" key). When attacking a target with another target in line but slightly closer the ordnance impacts the closer & non-targeted unit. Perhaps this is related to the "accuracy extremes" mentioned in an earlier post?
Tomac

[This message has been edited by Tomac (edited 04-15-2000).]

BGatot
unregistered

posted 04-15-2000 07:31 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that bug report about game locks up on switching to external view. As that other guy reported (forgot the name, sorry), in my system it also happened after flying for a while. If I did it right after getting into the mission and a few minutes after that, it's OK. After awhile hitting F2 will cause a lockup. It's kinda maddening since it's sooo easy to accidentally hit F2!

Also an improvement in FM would be welcome. I've never flown a real helicopter (been a passenger for, like, twice, that's about it!) but it just feel different than any other helo sim out there. And I've tried almost all of them. All the other ones are kinda 'fluid', for lack of better word to describe it. When I move the joystick, as soon as I release it, the helo will tend to drift back toward 'neutral' or more or less pointing straight ahead. In KA-52 it behaves more like older flight sim, where if you push the stick down to make the helo point down 20 degrees, for example, and you let go the stick, it just stays there pointed 20 degrees down.

Also someone mentioned joystick response. I agree with this too. Currently it's both not sensitive enough yet too sensitive! When I move the joystick it initially didn't do anything, then whoa! Big change in direction. A more precise joystick response would be great!

All in all, though, I'm glad the developer is attentive to consumer complaint, and willing to come out with a patch. I returned Gunship! when I heard a patch is not forthcoming anytime soon.

Tomac
Member # 3762

posted 04-15-2000 07:44 PM     Profile for Tomac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After playing for awhile I'm getting erratic responses in non-critical systems (landing gear won't go up or down, right MFD won't change modes unless I first switch to left MFD and change modes, etc). These all work fine when first starting the mission. More evidence of memory leak?
Tomac

Chairman
unregistered

posted 04-16-2000 01:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There seems to be a bug when using unguided rockets at close range. From a distance everything works fine, but when your in really close nothing seems to happen. The rockets fire but there's no damage or explosions at or around the target.

There also seems to be no indication that the chaff and flares are being released. I can't hear any sounds and on the external views nothing can be seen.

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

Đ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.