my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » HOTAS suggestions...

Author Topic: HOTAS suggestions...
The Reverend
Member # 3788

posted 04-07-2000 12:21 PM     Profile for The Reverend   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am finally breaking down and buy a HOTAS. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder FF and a Logitech Wingman FF, but I feel the time has come for HOTAS. Which brings me to my point, what are your suggestions for a HOTAS? What is the best money can buy?

[This message has been edited by The Reverend (edited 04-07-2000).]

Posts: 124 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
JC Walker
Member # 626

posted 04-08-2000 12:25 AM     Profile for JC Walker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only HOTAS worth its salt is the Thrustmaster F22/TQS/RCS combination IMHO. Hard to find though. Guillermot is supposedly coming out with a new version later this year. Having owned a Saitek X 36(non-USB), a CH (stick only), as well as the Suncom stick--I think I know what I am talking about. The only problem with the F-22 is that in some sims, your wrist will definitely get sore.

Just upgraded it to Digital and it works like a dream

------------------

Posts: 13 | From: College Park, MD, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
aszurom
Member # 2119

posted 04-08-2000 02:17 PM     Profile for aszurom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course, the "next best thing" is the CH pro throttle paired with their F16 fighter stick.

Programming is a LOT easier than TM gear, and you can actually find them for sale, as opposed to the defunct TM. What you're looking at is 6 4-way hats and 2 8-ways, and 8 buttons. I had a TQS and FLCS and I abandoned them for the CH stuff.

Posts: 24 | From: waynesburg, ohio, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Leaky
Member # 3982

posted 04-09-2000 02:56 AM     Profile for Leaky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No HOTAS has the functionality of the X36 USB (and at $99 USD it is one of the cheapest). The programming software is very powerfull (although a little flaky, but it is being constantly upgraded). I don't even miss the rudder pedals as the rocker on the throttle is rather nice (much better than a twist stick). I've use the TM F16/TQS/RCS, original TM/WCS, CH F16/pro throttle/pro pedals, suncom f15, MS Sidewinder FF, Logitech Wingman FF/CH pro pedals, Saitek X36(analog) - I think that is all of them. As you can see, I am on a quest to find the perfect HOTAS. I haven't found it yet, but the Saitek X36 USB is the best yet.

L

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.