my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » C/H Campaigns: Tell Us More!

Author Topic: C/H Campaigns: Tell Us More!
Paul Roberts
Member # 232

posted 04-06-2000 04:00 PM     Profile for Paul Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of C/H from the Old World (hurrah! for Albion for producing the game, BTW). In the meantime, can someone who has the game post more about the nature of the campaigns?

How do they differ from each other? From the Apache/Havoc campaigns?

What about the Lebanon war? I have heard that the Red side is a militia force, but I have trouble believing that they could then have expensive helicopters. Are they aided by another country?

Any estimates on how long a typical campaign takes to win (or lose)?

All other information welcome. Thanks!

Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 04-07-2000 04:04 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul,

The ethos behind the Lebanon campaign is that:

1. Terrorists are foiled in an attempt to use a nuke on US soil.
2. US is (understandibly a bit miffed).
3. They threaten Lebanon.
4. Syria tells US to butt out and starts collecting new Russian toys.
5. US doesn't butt out.
6. All Hell breaks loose.

I'd just like to know which moron parked the US heli carriers just 16km from downtown Beruit? Doesn't seem to be a valid survival tactic.

The campaigns differ in the number of forces avaiable to each side, how closely and how viciously those forces are engaged at the beginning, how flat/rocky/forested the landcape is. And the campaign objectives are randomly selected at the start of each campaign.

Weather also changes - you don't get too much rain in north Yemen for instance.

As for how long a campaign takes - dunno. At the rate ground forces get massacared and replaced could be a long time. Alternatively good play an a few judicious special forces attacks could end it all in a day.

How's that for vague

[This message has been edited by Yorkshire Tea (edited 04-07-2000).]

Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Enforcer
Member # 85

posted 04-07-2000 06:44 AM     Profile for Enforcer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire Tea:
Paul,

I'd just like to know which moron parked the US heli carriers just 16km from downtown Beruit? Doesn't seem to be a valid survival tactic.

Well for some other "game", 16Km is all the map they cover <g>...

Enforcer.

[This message has been edited by Enforcer (edited 04-07-2000).]

Posts: 342 | From: Brossard, Québec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
AV7784
Member # 3830

posted 04-07-2000 08:43 AM     Profile for AV7784   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about the Taiwan campaign?

Posts: 88 | From: Aviano AB, Italy | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.