my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Helos   » COMANCHE-HOKUM...F- ON GRAPHICS, GIMME A BREAK!!!

Author Topic: COMANCHE-HOKUM...F- ON GRAPHICS, GIMME A BREAK!!!
apache6
Member # 2909

posted 04-05-2000 05:34 PM     Profile for apache6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, thats right. The graphics of AH sucked. It was the biggest turnoff of the game for me and that is one of the things they didn't fix. Their ground effects would have been excellent for a jet sim in which you are flying miles above ground but for a helicopter sim...No. Gunship and Team Apache are tied for the best sim for different reasons.

Posts: 15 | From: xxx | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
LIONPRIDE
Member # 3534

posted 04-05-2000 05:45 PM     Profile for LIONPRIDE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if A/H and C/H had the miniscule playing areas as TA and Gunship, They too may have had more trees and buildings. Truth is....The theater is much larger and more dynamic. Taking up more CPU cycles and Vid-card resourses. So it's a fair trade. I have TA and I think the Fm sucks compard to C/H. The only thing that helps is Zero G's patch. The AI in C/H kicks TA's *** too ( this is from expierence ). You'll see how good Simis and Hasbro are when your **** breaks too. Good Luck with their tech-support...or lack of it.

OH...oh....is this a "pissing-match"?....oh...I'm sorry.

------------------
A wise man once said..." To fly is heaven, to hover is divine"

Posts: 331 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 04-05-2000 06:16 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No offense there apache6, but even mentioning Gunsh.i.t and best in the same sentence makes you lose all credibility in my eyes.
Shataan
Member # 1976

posted 04-05-2000 06:38 PM     Profile for Shataan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehhehheh ROFLMAO hahaha :0).....
ericahls
Member # 3980

posted 04-05-2000 06:46 PM     Profile for ericahls   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't mind telling you that I am counting the days until I receive C H in the mail. I have a Gunship! and believe me, you can only look at the pretty screen for so long. There is no depth, flight model, or real replay ability to speak of. The first day or so of play is pretty cool I have to admit but once you have seen the tanks blow up a thousand times and realize that that's it, you began to ask yourself why did I buy this game in the first place. Anyway, at least I have C H on the way.

Eric

Posts: 62 | From: maryland | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bud
Member # 2194

posted 04-05-2000 07:06 PM     Profile for Bud   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not even a very good troll at that.
Posts: 56 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WF_Ramses
Member # 4039

posted 04-06-2000 01:19 AM     Profile for WF_Ramses   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OHHH man it's im my Cd player!!!!! C vs H.........Can't wait till I can fly........come on freaking setup!!!!!WHAAAAH

Battle is hard..
But that's just the way battle is...

WF_Ramses (http://wfclan.homepage.com/gunship.html)(gunship as in helos not as in Gunship!)

------------------

Posts: 53 | From: Holland | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 04-06-2000 01:52 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The graphic was the biggest turn-off?... and they didn't fix it?... huh, seems like, first at all, we both have different opinions about in-game-graphics, but, at the end, show me just one helo sim with such a high detailed cockpit and cockpit crew, full animated(!), all full functional and high detailed instruments, even readable from outside of the cockpit(!), such high detailed models of all the helos, planes, ground forces(...)- yes, even in 640x480, in A/H!- oh, and I just forgot: all IN-GAME-GRAPHICS!... not lookin' cartoonish like.

Well, you can't count trees in a wood, right, its just a huge block... yeah, but why you buy a helo sim? To count single trees in a wood or to just use it for cover from where you plan your ambush on a couple of tanks?!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.